Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Where Have I Been?

While on the road this past couple of weeks I had some time to contemplate exactly how much traveling I've done over the years. Maybe it was listening to Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere" so many time that brought this on.

Naturally I've done the majority of my traveling because of my work and not because of my need to go on vacations. I should really change that because I'm practically dead now and I'd like to really SEE some of the places I visit.

In any event I'm proud to say that there's about 10 states in the U.S. that I have not been to as of yet. I've been to at least three provinces of Canada as well as a brief stop in Mexico.

I also spent a great week in Jamaica back in 2000. People were so worried that Y2K was going to cause planes to fall from the sky that it was actually CHEAPER for me and April to go to Jamaica for a week (hotel & airfare) than it was to go to Florida for 3 days (not including theme park tickets).

I have not performed in all of the places I've been in. Many of the places I've been to can claim little more than a view of Andy Martello driving by. I've been "through" as many states as I've been "to" I suppose. I was in Alabama for exactly 6 minutes once and from what I was told, that was the perfect length of time to be there. I'm sure I'll get back there for a real visit, but the fact one of my clients felt it necessary to bring me to Alabama just to say I've been there was pretty funny.

There MUST be someone in Hawaii who can pass my name along, right?
Rather than tell you where I have been, I'll post a map and show you where I haven't been instead. It is just easier that way. If you happen to live in these states and know anyone looking for a kick-ass entertainer, be sure to pass my name along. I may never get to your state otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home