Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, April 14, 2006

It's Not As Much Fun Alone

My mother-in-law has always said that if April & I were dropped from a plane anywhere in the world (with parachutes, I assume) that within a short time we'd find something fun to do. I believe this to be true.

April & I are always trying to find fun places to go and unusual things to do at those places. I've always enjoyed such adventures as my dad was one to take us for walks simply, "to see what we can see."

I've been to these stupid small towns many times before and I was always able to occupy my time somehow. I keep an eye out for historic places, cool buildings, unusual activities in the hope I can one day return with April and we can enjoy them together.

This trip reminds me that this sort of travel is just not as much fun alone. I'm not going to check out the old capitol building in Vandalia on my own. I didn't check it out 15 years ago and I'm not going to do it now. If April were here I'd be there in a heartbeat. I may go to some antique stores or a few places that pique my interest, but for the most part, I'll be eating, driving, and heading to a library to check my e-mail until I can collect my pay envelope and go home.

This trip is only a week long. It is paying for my 2005 income taxes and a couple of other bills. I'm not gone all that long, but I definitely do miss being home and sharing the stupidest little things with my wife. I am thankful for the work as you all KNOW how badly I needed the boost in income, but I'll be more thankful when I get home.

Friday is the last day of the tour and I'm likely to drive like a bat out of hell to get home that evening. I really can't wait to get the hell out of here. Right now I can' get the library computer to allow my Yahoo Mail to go through. I think I actually worked a gig at this library some time ago too. Sad.

3 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

Conversely, I hate when I save a special place for someone who doesn't appreciate it. I found an adorable coffee shop that also sold hot sauces and mustard, plus they had great astronomy and archaeology lectures once a week. I thought That Man of Mine would love it there, even though he's not a coffee drinker. So we went there, and he goes, "I don't get it. We can buy Tobasco sauce at the supermarket."

Gah.

1:44 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I'm pretty fortunate in that regard. April and I are equally fascinated by oddball places. I'd have loved that coffee shop, even though I LOATHE coffee.

6:34 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

Huh. Something else we have in common. I love the smell of coffee, but can't stand the taste...

I think that's sweet that you and your wife can entertain each other. I mean, find things to be entertained by. I mean... oh, you know what I mean.

9:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home