Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I Can't Be the Only One

Has anyone else noticed that there's no worse adhesive bandage available on the market than Curad? Seriously, bleeding to death is actually a better and more reliable option than using these damn things!

Am I the only one who misses the Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips chain? I know that there are still a few straggler locations here and there, but for the most part that chain has been gone for too damn long. They used to be everywhere I wanted to eat. Long John Silver's just isn't the same at all. I heard that Treacher's was a big mob front and that's why they're no more, but I don't care. I miss the food!

Does anyone else do Google searches to see if there are photos or other news pertaining to people they slept with in the past? I'm always surprised when I find something about an ex and (in some cases) surprised when I don't. HEY! if searching for yourself on Google is called Ego-Surfing, is searching for ex-lovers on Google called Retro-Surfing? If not, it should be!

God DAMN it is good to be home!

7 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

1. I'm allergic to adhesive bandages, but the ones I keep 'round the house are, in fact, Curad, because when you open them in a dark bathroom, the packet sparks. I'm just that geeky.

2. I loved, loved, LOVED Arthur Treacher's. We only had one left in the area and it closed a couple of years ago. I know, I live in Connecticut and we have terrific seafood, but it's just not the same experience. Arthur Treacher's was brilliant. I miss it and its hush puppy - malt vinegar goodness.

1:41 AM

 
Blogger Gordon D said...

1. Curad does stink - it's sad when the freebie bandaids I've taken from health fairs (part of the job) work better.

sure, they have purple puppies on them, but hey, they're workable. Why Curad isn't out of business, I have no idea.

2. Arthur Treachers - now there was a seafood place. And by "seafood", I don't mean "greasy battered tuna".

Who was Arthur Treacher, anyway?

3. I've looked up old lovers/girlfriends/flames - but only to see if they were available. How sad is that?

4:25 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

Arthur Treacher was a British gentleman's gentleman sort of actor, who danced with Shirley Temple a lot and sang about having a luvverly bunch of coconuts at least once.

I believe the restaurant was named after him in the same way that Roy Rogers is named after Roy Rogers, as opposed to his having contributed anything to the recipes or anything.

I still miss those hush puppies. I'm just saying.

7:58 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

Oh, and the Googling thing - I do, sometimes, Google or Classmate someone I used to hook with, just 'cos it's really satisfying to hear that they're still alone.

8:00 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

GW, BandAid brand abandoned the pull string years ago and they too have the sparking packaging now. Just fyi.

Treachers was THE best! Shame they're so few of them these days.

Hobbs, many thanks for stopping by. I'll check out your blog later and maybe offer a link exchange.

6:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For band-aid type products, 3M makes the best ones I've ever used. The water-repellent variety is the best.

Lately, I'm using more "liquid bandage," which is basically super glue. For paper cuts, this the best option. There's actually two types of this stuff. Avoid the stuff that smells like nail polish. Find a Walgreens, and get the house brand. It's the cheapest, and the most effective.

Actually, plain old super glue, or crazy glue will work. This was used all the time by Vietnam war soldiers. It's also great for guitar players that get blisters on their fingers.

12:36 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

1. a pad of cloth and duct tape works the best
2. never had those here, so can't miss 'em, can I?
3. never slept with anyone who made it onto the i-net. What's that say about me? Hmmm....

9:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home