Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, April 10, 2006

Greetings From Southern Illinois

Yeah, I'm a big time star. Last week, Las Vegas. This week, Mascoutah, Illinois. Ahh the glamorous life!

Sunday found me working for long-time friends and employers, the Reynolds family in Mascoutah. Circus stuff, fun for all ages, etc. Good people to work for and a fun time is expected for the week.

The Reynolds gave me one of my first "real" bookings many years back and I'm proud to say that my career started, peaked, and ENDED with their show. ;) It is also worth mentioning that most all of my circus stories worth writing about have occurred when performing with these folks. So if you're reading A Clown in Kentucky, Pass the Soap, Wilbur, most all of my Kentucky stories, and others you can be fairly sure those stories happened on this show.

Among the highlights of yesterday's travels and the show was a hand-colored picture given to me by a young circus fan named Rebecca. I think this was her first circus adventure and she couldn't wait to give her present to me. Very cool. I'll post a scan of it when I get back home, along with scans from VEGAS!

Currently I'm sitting in a library in Mt. Vernon, IL and will be off to the booming metropolis of West Frankfort, IL for a 7:00 PM show. I am not heading to the booming metropolis of Metropolis, IL this trip, which is too bad. That's a fun little town obsessed with Superman!

Ah well, that's all for now. Many thanks again to my most talented guest bloggers. I'm going ton spend the remainder of my time here at the library leaving comments on last week's posts. I've got no scale here so I've no idea what I weigh this week. I'm probably a bit fatter after a week in Las Vegas. The trip started out at Hash house a Go-Go, so you can imagine what my waist line looks like now!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

Lordy, I've missed you.

4:05 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

Nice to see you're working! ... even if we do miss ya.

5:35 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Awww shucks, GW, I'm not all that much worth missing. Near as I figured, my week in Vegas was the most read I've had in months So I'm thinhking of leaving for good. lol

Sue, you're SCHWEET as always!

10:29 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

There really is a Hash House A Go go? Damn, I thought that was made up.

12:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home