Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Funniest Photo of the Younger Martello Brothers Ever Taken!

I can't look at this photo without laughing. What you're looking at (assuming you're not laughing to death) is me and my brother, Matt, a mere millisecond before being launched into space. Matt got it into his head he had to go on top of the Stratosphere Tower and ride the world's tallest thrill ride, Big Shot.

I've been on the now closed High Roller roller coaster & the X Scream rides at the Strat, but had never gone on this one. How could I let my little brother ride alone?

The view on the day was absolutely amazing and of course, the ride was exhilarating. Matt was screaming about the beautiful view, the panic of the moment, and just letting go of a lot of bullshit, the way you should when you are on a vacation. Later, Matt would insist the ride was, "awful", but I knew he had a good time scaring the crap out of himself.

I love this photo because of the polar opposite facial reactions captured in the image. Matt looks frightened out of his mind, but certainly happy about the experience. I look like an old man wishing the damn kids would get off my lawn.

Normally I never buy these thrill ride photos, but I had no choice but to spend a few bucks on this great moment in time.

3 Comments:

Blogger overactive-imagination said...

I LOVE thrill rides, roller coasters and the like but I hate that particular type of ride (the one you're on)....I guess you can take me as high as you want and flip me in all sorts of directions as long as it's either a) moving so fast that I can't see how high up I am or b) I'm in the dark and can't see how high I am. LOL You couldn't pay me to get on that thing.
You are right, that photo is priceless!! Glad y'all had a good time.
Dawn

9:16 PM

 
Blogger Bud said...

Yu two are the only ones on the whole ride? That part would have scared the shit out of me.

6:34 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

Good pic! I, personally, hate thrill rides. I've been witness to too many "accidents" on 'em to be comfortable with them... now, as a kid I was bold and did it all...

Just goes to show you what growing up will to,huh?

8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home