Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Thank You for Being a Friend

No, this isn't some lame post about how much I miss "The Golden Girls", though that Bea Arthur is pretty hot. I'm thanking a few folks who have been rather nice to old Andy of late and they deserve a little recognition for providing me with a little recognition.

First off, it is always nice to have some of my work reprinted at e-pauly.com. Paul has been diligently reprinting my Ten Things Tuesday lists for some time now and this past week was no exception.

Next I have to thank Tony Collett, of Mah Two Cents for trying to pimp me out and get me some work. Not only does he have a very entertaining blog, but he's very willing to help a poor plate-spinner out with a little blog-whoring and I can't tell you how thankful I am for any extra help I can get. Be sure to read this blog every so often as I know you'll find a wealth of good things to fill yer head.

Also high on the "Oh you DO rock!" list is the ever-popular Golfwidow. Not only did this lovely lady, penguin-lover, and future purveyor of Andy Martello memorabilia shill on my behalf (in a post with "69BJ" in the title - COOL!), but she also sent me PRESENTS!

See, she and I have e-mailed back and forth talking about a range of topics from writing to the market value of signed Andy Martello cards. The other day she e-mailed me one of the more amusing internet time-wasters I've seen in some time and that made me very happy.

In my mailbox today (my actual mailbox, not my silly old e-mail) was a package, the contents of which will likely not mean a damn thing to anyone else out there, but to me, are genuine TREASURES!

We do upon occasion discuss other humor writers like the very successful Dave Barry, whom I presume she likes a lot (I'm relatively indifferent to him, but admire that he probably has Harry Anderson on speed-dial). Dave Barry along with Stephen King, Amy Tan , and about 12 other well-known authors, get together every so often and play live rock concerts with their band, Rock Bottom Remainders. They make no claims to be anything more than famous authors pretending to know how to play 3-chord rock music.

What's that? 3-chord rock music? Why these folks wouldn't happen to play...Louie Louie would they? Hell yeah they do! Inside the package was a videotape of a live Rock Bottom Remainders concert, featuring their stunning rendition of Louie Louie. I've known about this tape for some time, but since I tend to try and grow my silly Louie Louie collection only when I have expendable cash AND loads of free time (two things that don't meet all that often), I have not sought out to pick it up. Well, now I have it all for my very own and I'm positively giddy!

But wait! There's MORE!

I'm going to frame it!The last package of Andy crap I sent her was quite purposefully wrapped in the Sunday comics from the Chicago Tribune, which she enjoyed very much. Not having any comics around to wrap the tape in, she created a penguin comic to accompany my Louie treasure.

Penguins AND Louie Louie in the same package? Too freakin' cool in Andy Land!

So a BIG thank you goes out to Golfwidow. She may only be my friend in order to profit from my future fame, but that's already, like, ONE more friend than I normally have.

4 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

I'm really only hanging round you for the mustard.

Seriously, how often do I find a funny guy who loves the penguins as much as I do? I mean, we loved penguins long before everyone else jumped on the ice floe.

Did you see the origami penguin, or did I forget to put that in the box?

8:42 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Oh My GOD!

I didn't notice the origami penguin and went back to see if I'd missed it.

Indeed I did miss it. How could I, of all people, miss an origami penguin with the lyrics to Louie Louie written all over the paper?

TOO FUNNY!

OK, you rock more than I ever will.

10:09 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

Those of us who know her, truly love her. But you have lots of friends, Andy!

9:01 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Aw heck, Bud, I know I've got a few friends around here somewhere (buriied in the crawl space, perhaps), but there's no good potential for comedy in boasting numerous friends.

lol

9:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home