Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, March 10, 2006

More Thoughts that Boggle My Mind

Over the years, how many high school juniors & seniors or freshmen college students have formed bands with the same name, specifically, The Circadian Rhythms?

You know it had to happen a few million times. That age of moron, combined with a guitar or drum set has had to make someone think they were that clever, right? "Huh-huh-huh...The Circadian Rhythms! Get it? Huh."



Follow-up question: What is the average length of time it took these "clever" bands to realize that A) EVERYONE has thought of that band name, and B) The reason nobody ends up keeping it is because people associate sleep with the phrase, "Circadian Rhythms" and therefore it is not the best name for a rock band?

Second follow-up: What percentage of the folks too stupid to change the name of the band decided it would be cool to have a cicada with a guitar on their posters & stickers, not knowing that CICADAS are insects and CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS have something to do with sleep?

Last question, and this one I know the answer to: What percentage of those idiots got laid more often than I did? (Answer: All of them.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

that's ok Andy, none of them lasted longer than 30 seconds and you know it.

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

The bands or the sex? The bands...no biggie. The sex...that's still 30 seconds more tha I got!

10:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao. umm Andy, my high-school "band" was .

Answer 2: I dunno--you were pretty cute back then. ;)

12:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf--let's try this again and I promise to use closing tags!

lmao. umm Andy, my high-school "band" was Slayer.

Answer 2: I dunno--you were pretty cute back then. ;)

1:03 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Do you mean the band you liked in high school was Slayer or are you saying that the local band was Slayer? Not sure. Either way...very sad.

LMAO!

Well, I am pretty cute now so naturally...

4:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I mean I went to school with these guys, and if a band was playing--it was they. ;) Sad?? lol. I don't listen to them as much nowadays--but there, that expresses my diverse taste in music, (it would probably give Bud heart failure to read this) but have always been, will always be forever more--an aged headbanger. heheh (I know, I know--it's like a slight to anyone who thinks they are cool, too. ;)

PS Yeah, I'll give ya that much--you're still a looker. ;)

5:47 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

[BLUSHING!]

Aww, ain't you sweet?

Anyway, It is actually pretty cool to be able to say you went to school with a KNOWN band, even if is was a poser band like Slayer. LMAO!

My brother and sister had Styx at their high school functions so you can make fun of them if ya want. LMAO!

I'm not much of a head-banger. My wife was and still kinda is, a big time metal chick. There's a lot of hard rock I like, but I never bought in to the metal crapola of the 80's & 90's.

METAL, outside of the bangers that started it all (your Zeppelin, Sabbath and so on) will always be music that NEVER gets airplay, frightens the shit out of small children and parents, and if you ask 1000 people randomly on the street to name any of their songs, fewer then 1-2% should be able to name any. That's metal. And besides, metal should not have a Grammy. Mariah fucking Carey has a Grammy, why would any metal band even want to go to the Grammys?

Most of the metal that was out then was really "pop metal" or even worse, "corporate metal". It was safe enough to get airplay, had clear and distinct melodies and harmonies, and it was glitzy and easy to market.

Motorhead will always be metal. Metallica will never be metal again.

Def Leppard, Poison, Crue, any of those bands were pop sensations with hits that followed a trend. They were not metal. There were some great bands and acts, but they were not metal.

Winger was supposed to be metal? Fuck that! No real hard rock or metal band would allow ANY ballet-dancing priss named "Kip" in the line-up!

I'll give Slayer a pass as I doubt anyone other than hard core fans can name their tunes and they still scare small children and parents. And becuase you keep telling me how good looking I am. I'm a sucker for flattery, even though you're probably drunk or something when youmake the compliments. LOL!

7:49 PM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I always wanted to start a band and call it Zymurgy (the process of beer distillation and one of the last words, alphabetically, in the standard American dictionary), but I was missing the prime components: musical talent.

Our main heavy metal band in high school was Tempered Steel. I liked the rhythm guitarist, even though his hair was much smaller than the lead singer's (who everyone else liked).

8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home