Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Reasons to Watch TV

Real Time with Bill Maher returned to HBO this week and I couldn't be happier. OK I could be happier and I expect I certainly will be on March 12 when The Sopranos presents their penultimate season. I've been waiting for about two years for this grand return and I'm already planning the big Italian meal for that night.

I haven't seen anything but previews yet but HBO promises to grab & keep my attention again with Big Love, a show starring Bill Paxton about a polygamist family. Looks extremely provocative, well-written, and certainly, uh, HOT! Seriously, you give me any show with Jeanne Tripplehorn, Ginnifer Goodwin & Chloe Sevigny and I'm fairly certain there's gonna be some great fun! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean?

I can never extol the virtues of shows like House, on FOX enough. I'm so glad Hugh Laurie won that golden Globe as he truly deserves the accolades for such premium performances.

Sadly, American Idol has caused FOX to break up my favorite 1-2 combo of shows and has moved another surprisingly good show, Bones. Luckily for them, the show is good enough that I follow it around to whatever day they place the thing. Great chemistry among cast members, very solid writing, and how can any project with Emily Deschanel (or any Deschanel for that matter) not at least get my manly attention?

As always, FOX has The Simpsons, Family Guy, & American Dad to keep me laughing hysterically. They NEVER disappoint. FOX also has Arrested Development, possibly the funniest show on TV, but nobody watches it and probably never will because most people are FAR TOO STUPID TO PAY ATTENTION AND GET THE JOKES. If you resent me lumping you in with the STUPID PEOPLE, then watch the show and prove me wrong.

High on my Love, Love, LOVE list are Made in America with John Ratzenberger and MythBusters. Seriously, if these shows had their own 24-hour networks dedicated to them, I'd be watching and probably getting a TIVO so I can see everything they've got. MAJOR addictions there. Maybe I should join the MythBusters Fan Club. Hmmm...

I was so happy to find reruns of the short-lived Fastlane on G4 and while watching that network, mostly dedicated to video games & action programs I came across Brainiac. Brainiac is the British, short-form, extra snarky version of MythBusters with large-breasted women and explosives. This show may have come out long before MythBusters but I don't care. I watch them both and enjoy!

In the British shows brought to America category I have to recommend Distraction. Any game show where the contestants are frequently forced to endure bottles being broken over their heads while trying to answer trivia questions is good with me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot "Cash Cab", one of the best reasons I know to watch the telly!

6:50 AM

 
Blogger Spook said...

I've actually just discovered Mythbusters myself, quite a fun time. I actually say Jamie and Adam in person when they came to NMU, before I ever saw a single episode of the show.

10:10 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

Oh, God, how I love the Mythbusters. Blowing stuff up in the name of higher learning. Be still, my geeky heart.

1:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home