Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

God DAMN, I'm One Good Looking Bitch!

Young Andy Martello.  One Adorable Mutha-Fookah! No Find the Penguini for you today. After nobody noticed my super special equal time Penguini game featuring Tommy Lee I figured I'd bring out the big guns and post photos of the hottest man around - ME!

What you are looking at here is probably the first and possibly the ONLY truly great photo of me ever taken. Check me out. I'm a-freakin-dorable and you are all helpless to resist my charms. OK, Bud, Doyle, Gordon, my ex-girlfriends, and probably a few family members who know better are having no trouble resisting my obvious beauty. But all you ladies are gushing right now cuz I'm so damned cute!

Yeah, I know. I'm so full of myself it hurts. Of course, if I don't sing my praises who will? Seriously, who? Besides, content is content. I found the pic and thought I'd share.

I still have the teddy bear.

Andy LandI shouldn't say this is the only good photo as I have taken a few decent ones. Most of my good photos have been promo pics though and I don't have too many good photos otherwise.

There've been a few decent candid shots, like the one I use for my Blogger profile these days. The previous profile picture, though not really candid, is among my favorites. I mean, it was taken in Vegas, I've got a cigar and a beer, and there are PENGUINS. Plus I got to show off my completely nonexistent Photoshop skills so how can that be bad?

Andy Martello as Nicky VegasLast year, one of my all-time favorite photos of me was taken rather candidly before a Vegas Brothers show. Caysie Cannon snapped a shot I now use as my Nicky Vegas avatar for the Vegas Brothers blog and I think this photo is reminiscent of an old Dean Martin photograph. I realized awhile back that I don't have many photos of myself up anywhere, but if I do start posting a few pics from my historic plateau to mediocrity this would surely be one of the photos I hang proudly on the wall.

I don't have the original, but I have a decent enough scan of the full color version. Perhaps one day I'll get my hands on the original but I doubt it will happen.

Speaking of original photos I don't have in my possession, one great picture from my last brochure (I don't believe I've shared that one yet here) is lost forever. Well it may not be completely lost as the photographer who took the picture likely has the negative somewhere, but for all intents and purposes it is gone.

Andy Martello & The DiaboloHere's an altered scan from the back page of my old brochure. The pic features me with a prop I don't use nearly as much as these days, the diabolo. The diabolo is a very large and ancient cousin to the modern day yo-yo and this photograph will always be one of my personal favorites. This was one of those photos where the second the flash went off I knew the photo would turn out well. I like everything about this photo, from the composition to the simple grin on my face.

I'm sure I have other good photos out there that have nothing to do with my showbiz life. There are certainly a few wonderful school photos somewhere in the family archives. I'll have to find some of my least attractive pictures to share as well. THOSE are all well worth seeing. Good lord, when I look at some of my really crappy photos I marvel at the fact I EVER got laid.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

You are so cute! You have a striking resemblance to my hubby! Which poses the question..."Would ya?" LOL

6:42 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

1. Don't know if you noticed, but it is impossible to comment on the Tommy Lee entry. I don't mean that it renders one speechless. I had a speech. It involved a joke about a sexual position called "The Penguin" (standard sex, but with pants around the man's ankles; gets its name from how the man looks running from the room when Husband comes home unexpectedly). I mean that, when one tries to comment, it says "cannot find", or some equally inane shit.

2. I like your red couture in the first picture.

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Amanda, I certainly would in a heartbeat! WOO-HOO! Yowza!

The real question is, "Would ya?"

LOL!

9:49 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Hmmm...I'll look into the no commenting this, GW. Thanks for mentioning it. Would have loves the penguin position story, but now that I know you were hoping to post it, I'm happy. ;)

The red outfit? Doesn't fit me anymore.

9:50 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

Of course there are more. Don't forget the walrus shot. The baby pic is perfect, though. The bear is digging too.

6:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Cute!!!!! And you still have the bear? And you admit it? Even cuter!

Hey Andy, I've put you in the spotlight over at my place. See, if I do that, I get it together to come over and visit a whole lot more than I have been. (Sorry about that. My loss!)

10:04 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Awww shucks, Deni, I haven't exactly been your best visitor either. But you are my favorite kick-ass quirky, multi-talented violinist EVER nonetheless. ;)

Thanks for the extra boost at your blog. I'll be sure to visit more often and I'll surely give you a big ol' blog plug here as well.

Yes, I still have the teddy bear. It's nose fell off long ago and the squeaky thin inside doesn't squeak anymore, but it is MY BEAR!

11:03 PM

 
Blogger Roxy said...

awww

9:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home