Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

O.K., You Know-it-Alls, Did You Know...

That yours truly was once a TV game show host? It's true. I can prove it.

Here you see a newspaper story about the short-lived TCI cable game show for teens and tweens, "Know It All", hosted by the lovely and talented (and definitely less of a fat-ass than today) Andy Martello. It aired and originated in Skokie, Illinois and may have been sent through the TCI system in the surrounding area, but I don't really know who watched the show other than the parents of the contestants.

Andy Martello, Host of TV's 'Know It All'
This was a fun little local cable gig I took to fill in time and keep active in the biz a little bit. At the time I was not doing a whole lot of entertainment work and I was sort of out of the game for awhile. This just came about because some weirdo roommate of mine named Joe (a total FREAK that didn't last long in Andy Land!) heard about the show and tried out. When he didn't get the gig he mentioned it to me and I won the day. That's about all I won, though. The gig didn't pay one red cent.

I did get some freebies from local restaurants and record stores, and for a short time I was on the TV screens of many a suburban child's homes. If nothing else it gave me something to do that allowed me to be funny and quick-witted.

To this day I still have not seen a single episode of the program and I really doubt that the tapes are out there. TCI cable became AT&T cable, which later became Comcast. I suppose there is a chance that someone from the Skokie cable system may have some old videos of the show. I believe the studio and all that still exists. If anyone has a tape of this program I'd love to see it, if only to make fun of my outfits and the stupid things I said. I was and still am something of smart-ass you know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy Land said...

You'll have to settle for a copy of the newspaper article...if ya want one. ;)

9:28 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I would buy that shit on Pay-Per-View.

As for the newspaper article, maybe you could scan it, create a PDF, print it on some acid-free paper, and send it out to people as a promotional "Before They Were Stars" sort of thing.

5:08 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Not a bad idea. I'm planning on adding an Andy Store at my website. In there will be all sorts of useless things like originals and copies of newspaper articles, card sets, copies of original columns and eventually, t-shirts, books, etc.

I just have to figure out how to use this damned PayPal. LOL!

6:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home