Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Nine Days

The Aristocrats, Coming to DVD January 24, 2006
That's right! Only nine days left to wait for one of THE BEST FILMS of 2005, "The Aristocrats". Pretty much it is the last DVD I need to get to complete the trilogy of best films of the year (the other two being "Serenity" and, of course, "March of the Penguins"). Okay, I am also waiting for "Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit". I guess that makes it a quadrilogy, but that doesn't sound nearly as official as a trilogy does. Moving on...

If you bothered seeing crap like "Must Love Dogs" or any of the art flicks that Hollywood pushes the last few weeks of the year to try and fool the Academy and the film-goers, without having seen any of the films I mentioned then you have certainly wasted some movie dollars, if not your valuable time. I'm not saying that there weren't some very good films made last year because there truly were. These just happen to be among the most significant.

Represented above are two documentaries (one about penguins and one about a dirty joke) that did record box office numbers, a fully animated claymation feature based upon two little-known British characters, and a major motion picture based upon an even lesser-known and cancelled science fiction TV program. These are things you don't see from Hollywood often and they are all ground-breaking and important films worth watching.

"The Aristocrats" has been a subject of many a blog post around here, and I am so happy that it is finally making its way to DVD, and eventually my home. I won't bother with any more of an explanation about the film and why it is so good than what I've said before. Just know that it is one you should definitely own as it is amazing.

I saw it twice in the theatres and intended on seeing it even more times were I not in the middle of my busy season when it came out. I was going to submit my own version of the joke for consideration by the producers to be included in the DVD extras, but chickened out. I was hoping this would have been available before Christmas as I know I could have given this gem to some people on the list. In any event, it will be here soon and I'll be among the first to own it. I hope you'll at least rent the thing if not outright buy it. See why it is one of the funniest and most incredible films of all time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spook said...

Oh woot...

Based on a second degree reccomendation concerning "The Aristocrats", I made it a point to see that film recently.

Effing brilliant. Loved it - I don't think anything beats the mime performing it.

6:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home