Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, January 19, 2006

In Case You Forgot...The Post Office Sucks Ass!

The Automated Piss-Off CenterRemember when I told you all about how moronic the USPS is, by demonstrating the futility of their nearly useless Automated Postal Center? Well allow me to add a little extra icing on the cake.

Out of sheer necessity I finally used this abomination of a machine. The lines at my local Post Office were too long, their one remaining vending machine was not working properly, and I had to get these marketing cards out.

So I broke down and used my credit card for some packages and such. Remember, the machines don't take cash, only credit cards and debit cards because they told me, "There'd be no way we could give out change."

Anyway...

After getting postage for my packages (not in actual stamps, only in printed & coded labels) I decided to buy stamps for the post cards I'd be sending out. Before the unreasonable and unjustified rate hike this year, that was a twenty-three-cent stamp. I found out that at the ultra-convenient Automated Postal Center, other than first class stamps, YOU CANNOT BUY ANY STAMPS THAT COST UNDER ONE DOLLAR! That's right, only the thirty-seven-centers or any stamps over one dollar, presumably for Priority Mail and so on.

So...you can't buy the additional ounce/post card rate stamps. you can't buy any of the low rate stamps to add to compensate for the new rate hike. You can't pay for your postage in cash and you can't even get printed stickers for any amounts less than one dollar (like you can with a package). THIS is where our money for USPS improvements goes.

Once the rate hike took effect, I assumed I could get my hands on some post card rate stamps via the vending machines or from the counter, if I felt like waiting that long. After all, they had the new thirty-nine-cent stamps available even before the deadline. I was wrong.

They don't have ANY twenty-four-cent stamps at ANY Post Office in the country. They won't even be available until the END OF FEBRUARY OR POSSIBLE THE MIDDLE OF MARCH!


Jesus, H, Tap-Dancing, Christ!

They announced the rate hike this past November and had the stamps ready to go and somehow they forgot that there might be people who need postage for an additional ounce on a letter? They do have the actual post cards available for purchase, but who buys a postage-paid post card from the Post Office? I have hundreds of fucking card to go out, and I can't get postage, even from their super-convenient Automated Piss-Off Machine?

Somebody "go postal" on the fucking Post Office already! Those fuckwads need an enema!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

They want everyone else to go postal to be like them. And I'd really like to see Jesus tap dancing. I'm sick of him just hanging out there on the cross. We need a good song and dance diety.

4:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Jesus...

Do you know why Jesus died on the cross? He forgot the safe-word!

4:23 AM

 
Blogger Spook said...

The USPS has in the last decade made frequent excuses about their rates going up because less people are using the post office.

Really, is it any wonder why?

2:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home