Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Did YOU Get a Penguin for Christmas?

Ariel Humboldt Penguin MartelloI know it is long past the days where we should be bragging about Christmas presents. I suppose that's one of the reasons why I took so long to post this. Another reason? I completely forgot.

I always receive a few nice penguin gifts from friends and family. I also receive some GOD-AWFUL penguin gifts, but I either make those "go away" or...well I do something with them. Among the very cool penguin gifts I received this year was Ariel Humboldt Penguin, or as I like to call her, MY PENGUIN!

April adopted a Humboldt Penguin for me from the Brookfield Zoo and I'm very happy to have the new addition to the family. Here in the post you'll see this cute little info card about Ariel and Humboldts in general.

How can I not like this penguin? She has her own souvenir collector's card, just like her old man here. Click her card photo to read fascinating facts about Humboldt Penguins!

Carver Wombat MartelloI've been adopting Carver, the Southern Hairy-Nosed Wombat on her behalf for April's birthday for several years now and it seemed more than appropriate that she adopted young Ariel for me.

I even have a full-color photo of my new penguin and a certificate of adoption and it is hanging in a position of prominence in our apartment. Maybe if I feel like taking it out of its frame I'll scan that one for ya.

HEY! If you add "Martello" to her name, she could even have the same "A.M." initials as myself and April. It must be right!

6 Comments:

Blogger sue said...

But, Alas! Carver does not meet the "A.M." family crest... does this mean he's not a REAL Martello, but only a lonely step-child??

7:25 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Oh trust me, Carver is part of the family. Probably moreso than I am!

8:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to know what happened to that Jackass Penguin that was stolen from the zoo....anyone hear anything?

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

The baby penguin was not recovered. The parents were starving themselves while waiting for their chick's return. Then after about a week they began nesting again and will likely have another chick soon.

10:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue, C.M. is a revered Martello crest. My son Chris Martello (Andy's nephew {who turns 25 today}) is certainly a real Martello. So Carver fits in just fine!

5:08 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

That's fine then. As long as it's all "official"... ;)

1:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home