Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, November 25, 2005

Off to Salem, IL

I'm heading down to Salem, IL today for a one-nighter circus show today. I'll be working for the Reynolds Family. The photo is of Bill Reynolds, the first of the family I ever met. The Reynolds are among the first people to ever hire me and I've worked for several of their shows over the years. In case you were wondering, their's is also the show where classic Andy Land tales such as "A Clown in Kentucky", "Pass the Soap, Wilbur", and all of my other Kentucky Stories occurred.

Salem is about 4 1/2 hours away and I'll be at the Salem Community Activities Center. Showtime is 7:00 PM in case anyone is in the area and would like a break from shopping.

Speaking of shopping, I'll have a bigger rant about this later (maybe even a NEW Andy article. OOH!), but if you know that today is the single busiest shopping day of the year nationwide, DON'T GO TO THE FUCKING MALL! If you, a societal sheep (thanks, B-Tude!), simply MUST go shop today, then DON'T BITCH ABOUT THE TRAFFIC, THE LONG LINES, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, DON'T BITCH TO THE STORE CLERKS AND MANAGERS ABOUT YOUR "DILEMMA"!

Believe me, they're (mall employees) having a much worse day than you are. YOU had the day off for no good reason and people like my wife are stuck having to cater to your stupid, selfish, whining asses. I was a retail TOY STORE manager for many years and I must say, "Black Friday" shoppers are Major League assholes. Don't be like those folks. Be patient, courteous, and kind to the folks at the mall. After all, it is YOUR FAULT that things are so bad today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Enjoy your trip!

I see that I lost blog crush status. *sniff.

;-)

5:06 PM

 
Blogger Bud said...

I stayed home all day. Today too which is kinda Black Saturday, right? Or just off-black, kinda gray.

4:34 AM

 
Blogger Gel said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Will you be clowning or juggling or both?
I did not and never shop during these insane days!

9:41 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Howdy, Lady.

I was just juggling and doing some comedy. I don't do the clown thang anymore. I'm "reformed". ;)

10:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home