Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

So Help Me God...

M-M-Max Headr-r-oomIf VH1's latest pop-culture overkill series, "I Love the 80's - 3D", doesn't include a segment about Max Headroom I'm gonna bust some asses!

I mean really, if you're going to talk about pop culture oddities from the 80's not once, not twice, but THREE times and miss the whole Max Headroom phenomenon then you don't deserve the paychecks you're cashing.

It is bad enough I'm not one of the many semi-funny comics commenting on EVERY damn VH1 program on the air, but to miss one of the most stereotypically 80's characters again and again is just unforgivable!

The bizarre character, played by actor, Matt Frewer, had a couple of television programs, ad campaigns for Coke, numerous magazine and TV appearances, and a spoof in a freakin' "Back to the Future" film. He was an icon for the 80's if ever there was one.

Maybe the guy at My Blog is Poop will read this and give me some insight as to how such an atrocity can happen. Then maybe he can get me a freakin' audition at "Best Week Ever".

I'll keep you posted and report on any Max Headroom news. I'm sure you're all eager to see how this all plays out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I can't imagine how those kinds of decisiions are made but it always pisses me off.

8:36 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

I'm SO with you on this!!! I loved Max... He was the best. I always liked the actress with the british accent that was his keeper, too...

10:13 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I'm thinking it has something to do with rights and clearances. Either that or the folks at VH1 are morons. I mean...they haven't hired me yet!

2:37 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

That has GOT to be an oversight, Andy... :)

8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home