Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Random Celebrity Photos! Vol. Five: Lydia Cornell & Deborah Van Valkenburgh

It has been awhile since I posted any sort of semi-interesting blog fodder for you and seeing as how Doyle tells me all you have to do to get readers is to keep writing I guess I should add something to this waste of bandwidth known as my blog.

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" tonight featured a scene with former "Too Close for Comfort" star and eternal sweater-stretcher, Lydia Cornell. As I watched the episode I remembered I have a photos of her and I together on my wall.

Earlier this year, while helping cover a Hollywood Collector's Show for a local television program, I was fortunate enough to meet several celebrities from TV and film. Both the lovely ladies who played Ted Knight's daughters in the show, Lydia Cornell and Deborah Van Valkenburgh were in attendance.

Contrary to most people's beliefs, I always had more of a crush on Van Valkenburgh (the less not at all buxom brunette) than Cornell (the VERY buxom blonde). Sure I was in the beginning of my raging male hormone surges when the show was on and would certainly find the alone time for each of them if I had the need. But if I was looking for the girl I'd want to have hang around with naked and clothed, it would have always been Deborah Van Valkenburgh. This is all assuming that the many, MANY other celebrity chick crushes I had were unavailable. The "Too Close for Comfort" Girls weren't all that ya know!

In any event both ladies were extremely friendly and easy to talk to. Both were there signing autographs and the like. Both looked pretty darned good and brought back some...uh...memories. In terms of "aging well" I would say that Lydia Cornell looks dramatically better than she did back then. I always thought she looked curvy, but not really pretty during the run of the show. Van Valkenburgh always looked great to me and still does to this day. She's got class and that often wins with me!

Now here's why the photo is so interesting to me (other then the fact that my face is all red and sunburned from a recent trip to Vegas). I never really get star-struck at all. However I ended up talking to Deborah Van Valkenburgh considerably less that day than I did to Lydia Cornell. We ended up posing for this photo and in the pose I am decidedly more chummy with Cornell than Van Valkenburgh. By all accounts this is almost like a classic scene from out of the sit-com, where the curvy blonde gets more attention than the slender brunette. In all honesty, I was just far too intimidated and respectful of Deborah Van Valkenburgh's presence than I was Lydia Cornell's, and therefore couldn't bring myself to pose with my arm around her. In effect, I was a bit star-struck by Deborah Van Valkenburgh.

To all the world I appear as though I'm trying to get a good shot with the bombshell and the librarian snuck in the photo. In reality, I wanted to get my arm around the librarian and have the bombshell as a back up.

OK, if I had my choice I'd have both of them and this post would be considerably more interesting, if not on a different blog altogether. But you get the idea.

Hey, maybe that's why I married April. She's the librarian with the bombshell's body. Excellent!

Stay tuned! Volume Five of "Random Celebrity Memories" will be up later today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I don't believe in harboring regrets at all. But I'd have a hard time with that one if I were you. But then, like, you, I'd erase it with the thought that I have the perfect wife.

8:58 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

hell, maybe that's why I married April

Good SAVE! Whoot!

btw - thanks for the picture! It's up even as we speak. Now I gotta figure out how to get it from a post to the sidebar so it can stay there always... ;)

10:38 AM

 
Blogger Fans and Friends of Lydia Cornell said...

How rude!

3:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home