Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Nobody Ever Believes Me

I may not be right ALL the time, but I am right MOST of the time. Anyone who ever says otherwise can fuck right off.

Congrats to the White Sox.

I thank the heavens that I have divorced myself from the Major Leagues and my once favorite team, the Cubs. Last year I was in tears watching the Red Sox win the World Series. I cried because I knew I'd never see the Cubs as the champions. I knew that one year later I'd have to endure seeing a White Sox victory. I knew it then and I had an entire year to prepare.

No tears today. A little disappointed? Sure. However I am happier for the White Sox and the city of Chicago than I am upset at it all.

I will never allow the Cubs and their idiot fans to hold their heads in the sky for any reason. If the Cubs won the whole damn thing next year I wouldn't give a damn. If the Cubs won EVERY World Series for the next 10 years I'd never forgive them for robbing me and millions of others of their childhood.

I cannot let them forget that my father died (with his Die Hard Cubs Fan membership card) never having enjoyed a Cubs World Series victory. The list of people who ran out of "next years" waiting for the Cubs to get their heads out of their asses will never stop growing and I hate the Cubs for their crimes against humanity.

They stand alone, once and for all, as the ONLY losers in all of sports. They alone are the worst "professional" sports team in the history of organized competition. They have nobody to share their misery with any longer and they have only themselves to blame.

The fans of such a team are just as pathetic. Any TRUE Cubs fan would be leaping head-first from the rooftops at Waveland & Sheffield in the wake of a White Sox World Series victory. A TRUE Cubs fan would not look at the last two years as proof that anything can happen, but as proof that supporting a team like the Cubs is possibly the most awful and pointless act of frivolity ever. A TRUE Cubs fan would not arrive in record numbers at Wrigley Field knowing that the White Sox won a World Series before the Cubs. A TRUE Cubs fan would be devastated by this and consider moving out of the Chicagoland area, head hung in shame.

Luckily, I watch real baseball now, played by real teams. The Joliet Jackhammers, the Kane County Cougars, the Schaumburg Flyers, the Gary South Shore Railcats, the Windy City Thunderbolts, the Rockford Riverhawks, and the Beloit Snappers are ALL more worthy of a hard-earned dollar than the Chicago Cubs.

Once again, congratulations, White Sox. Well done! Chicago is the greatest city in the world, even though half of it is too scary to be out after 6 PM. No matter, Chicago has a WORLD CHAMPION once again.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Having grown up in Philly, I feel your pain.

6:08 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

I'm...happy?
I don't do sports. Sorry.

8:05 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Um...no you don't.

I know the Phillies actually won the World Series in 1980. They actually played in the Series in 1950, 1983, & 1993. They've been to the Series in recent living memory for the average person.

If you include the Philadelphia Athletics you've got a lot of people still alive today who remember championship baseball in Philly.

The Cubs haven't even been in a World Series since 1945.

The Cubs haven't won a World Series since 1908.

You may be able to offer some sympathy, butit just isn't the same.

Moreover, I feel no pain these days. I refuse to let the Cubs cause pain any longer and have been "clean" for several years now.

No, these days I try to help rehabilitate current idiots- uh, I mean Cubs fans.

8:05 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Sue, I have me a strange feeling that when Iowa and Iowa State are playing you get all sprts nuts. Don't try to deny it. I've been to that darned state and I've seen the maniac behavior displayed by farmers deprived of real sports.

LOL!

8:13 AM

 
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Amen to that yo! But what about the Huskies?
Lois Lane

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I don't follow college teams. Too much weird NASCAR-like fandom there.

All I know is that the Huskies play in DeKalb.

All I know about DeKalb is
1) NIU
2) Annie Glidden Rd.
3) I used to get laid there OFTEN!
4) It is the place I used to drive through Sycamore to get to (watch out for cops in Sycamore!)
5) Corn

8:55 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

Actually, no...no I don't. That's not saying OTHERS in my state don't get crazed by the Ia State - Iowa game, but that would not include me. The only way it really effects my life is when there are games in town (meaning Ames, home of Iowa State) it is a ZOO and you have to be careful how you go to town not to get in some god-awful-five-mile-long gridlock to get into the stadium. If I am involved in any sport, it is basketball. Iowa State. But it's got to be an extremely important game or fuggedaboutit.

I suppose I should have checked to see if the penguini had any particular sport affiliation, shouldn't I? They haven't shown any withdrawl symptoms, so I figured that, along with sex, were something they didn't come with.

They DO involve themselves in Sex? Arrrrgggghhh... no one warned me about that one, either... and they've been together. In a can. For days. Shit. ;)

8:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home