Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fascinating!

While looking through photos for more blogging fun I took a better look at the photo from Bud Buckley's trip with me at the Brookfield Zoo. The above photo has me cropped out of the frame for this experiment. Believe me, I'll have some closer examination of my own silly self later.

Perhaps I've been drinking too much lately, but I believe that Bud and the statue of Olga the Walrus are one and the same. Yes! That's right! Bud Buckley is actually a bronze walrus!


Notice the similarities. Olga is dark brown in color and sitting on a tan-colored rock. Bud is wearing a dark brown shirt and wearing tan-colored pants. Flippers and shoes are also dark brown. Top to bottom, they are so alike it is uncanny!

There is also an amazing resemblance in the face. See the scruffy whiskers? Coincidence? I think not!

Olga was also known to be something of a crowd-pleaser, much like our very own Bud Buckley. What many people do not know is that Olga was ALSO a guitar player and retired teacher! Who knew?

About the only real discernible difference is in sheer size. Bud is a much smaller creature than Olga. The real overweight monster in the photo? ME! Perhaps that's why I cropped myself out of the picture.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy,
I can't quite conjure up the same perspective of Bud and Ogla. But I do consider you a handsome guy and not overweight! I'm still working on that Chicago disk of pictures. Did get Jon some cigars.
Cathy

4:24 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Trust me, ladies...WAY too heavy here. But you're sweet for trying to say otherwise.

Howdy Cathy! Good to hear from you. Dunno if Jon received any goodies from Florida, but I'll surely ask him next time I speak to him. Miss you folks very much. Take care.

8:52 PM

 
Blogger Bud said...

What can I say besides Goo goo goo joo? I am the Walrus.

5:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home