Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Baseball Prediction

In case there's any doubt, I believe the Chicago White Sox will win the World Series this year.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I live in Chicago and it certainly has nothing to do with my being a fan of the White Sox. I absolutely hate the White Sox and was raised a Cubs fan. Not giving a shit about the Major Leagues anymore I feel I can make this statement with a clear mind.

Among my friends and family, I made this prediction at the conclusion of last year's World Series. When I saw the Red Sox finally win I immediately began to think that the White Sox were next in line. It had nothing to do with the talent on the team, the belief that anything was possible, the theory that every dog has his day. No, my reasoning is much more deeply seated in baseball mythology.

The Cubs are the single worst experiment in professional sports history. They are truly the biggest abomination in baseball and they will NEVER in anyone's lifetime win a World Series. They are still tops in the all-time World Series victory drought list, followed by the White Sox and until last year, the Red Sox were in third place.

Baseball is filled with many great stories and superstitions. The Baseball Gods can be very cruel and very poetic at the same time. My reasoning for believing the White Sox will end up victorious stems from my belief that the Cubs and their moronic fans are destined for eternal pain and suffering at the hands of both the idiot management & ownership of the team, but more importantly, the Baseball Gods.

What could POSSIBLY be more embarrassing and devastating to a Cubs fan than the Red Sox winning the World Series before the Cubs? Only one thing - the White Sox winning before the Cubs.

Go White Sox! Maybe after you win the Cubs will FINALLY close up shop and let a real professional team play on the north side.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

MMM, this should be fun to watch all the Cubs fans reacting to that. If you don't stat a riot with this post, it must mean they are illiterate.

7:51 AM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I hope the Texas Rangers win it. Oh yea, you need to win baseball games to get to the world series.

Anyway I think that we must be related:

"""I like to write. I like to perform. I like to drink martinis. I like penguins. I like to smoke cigars. I like naked women. I think I'm getting dangerously close to building a world for me where I can enjoy all of those things at once!"""

I linked over from Bud Buckley's site!

7:59 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Cubs fans willing to start a riot are the foolish souls who have not had the epiphany I had a few years back. I'm reformed now.

I still have a passing interest in the Cubs, but mostly as something to listen to in the car. Otherwise I finally accepted the fact that they will NEVER win and being a fan serves only to put cash in the Tribune company's pockets.

The White Sox victory may finally bring more people into the fold. The Baseball Gods would love to fuck with the Cubs fans in this manner and I don't see any other logical end result.

8:01 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Hey Ole Blue! Thanks for visiting. You must have been commenting at the same time I was. Good to have you here. I'll check out your blogs later, especially the one with the Yaks and a penguin. LOL!

If you want to do a link exchange let me know.

8:03 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

At the risk of being boo-ed out of the blog, I don't like baseball. But, I appreciate that some people DO, so I will just leave. Be back later. ;)

8:19 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

LOL! You're always leaving the room. No need. Nobody gets chased out of here, unless you're clubbing a penguin at the time, but even then you don't have to back out of a room slowly.

;)

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Yo Andy, just stoppin' by to bust yer chops. ;)
I love the photo shopped nips below! Classic! What you did to poor beloved Olga however, shame on you. LOL! Remember how she used to spit water at the crowd? For at least five years I wished, hoped and dreamed for a drop to land on me. Finally, one year, when I was much too cool to wish for something so nasty, she did. And I loved it.
Have a groovy weekend!
Lois Lane

8:33 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

PHOTOSHOP??? That is far too sophisticated for this blog. I'm using MS Paint all the way, baby!

I have foggy recollections of being at the zoo when Olga was alive and spitting. However, my wife has photos of her and everything and I get to remember things vicariously through her. She rocked. A real crowd-pleaser.

Thanks for stopping by. I was checking out your blog earlier today. Maybe we can link up.

9:37 AM

 
Blogger Gordon D said...

One of the great advantages to living in St. Louis - the Cardinals.

After years of growing up watching two lame teams, it's great to see one excellent team play.

2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home