Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, October 28, 2005

Amid All My Anger

Amid the anger, the frustration, the venting, & the sarcasm I forgot one very important thing.

Chicago, my beloved city of Chicago, has a World Series victory. Hasn't happened in a long, LONG time. Fantastic!

I suppose I should apologize to Cubs fans, but I won't. They should move and should be ashamed. They should also be very happy to see their city looking so damned good right now. I was reminded of that today working at a gig filled with Cubs fans. I'd almost forgotten how genuinely friendly our city and Midwesterners in general can be until I heard so many of them truly admit to being happy to have a championship in the town. Even if it was on the South side of Chicago, it was in fact IN Chicago. Seeing as how we don't get to say that all too often, I am proud of the Sox and even more proud of the baseball fans and the people of Chicago.

I'll say it again. Without reserve, I love the game of baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home