Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Should Be a Fun Gig Tonight

In light of my more depressing money post earlier today I do have a gig tonight that should cheer me up a bit.

I always enjoy doing some work as a Blues Brother. What's even more fun is when I get to sing a few songs and pretend to be a rock star for a little while. One way to make that even more fun is to have a good live band backing me up as opposed to a CD track. An even better way to make the whole thing really enjoyable is to do this on one of the stages at the House of Blues in Chicago.

Tonight I get to sing Blues Brothers tunes with a band at the House of Blues and I'm looking forward to letting off a little steam there!

I've been there a few times in the past and the vibe on that main stage is just AWESOME. You really feel like you're in show business (the good kind, not the kind I'm normally in) when you're performing on that stage. Plus I'll have the pleasure of working with The Chicago Kingsnakes, one of my favorite local blues bands. I'm worked with them many times now and they never fail to make me look considerably better than I actually am. LOL!

2 Comments:

Blogger sue said...

Oh, COOL BEANS! (uh, oh...probably just dated myself here...)

What fun! Looking forward to more info on this! Fun, fun, fun!

12:20 PM

 
Blogger Bud said...

That must have been enormous fun. I know what you mean about working with a band. I'm a solo act because bands are just a pain in the ass to deal with on a daily basis. But the few times I had a band back me or even doing a duo or trio on the fly, have been FUN.

6:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home