Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Couldn't Wait Any Longer!

If you aren't a fan of Johnny Cash, I simply cannot tell you how overwhelmingly filled with SUCK you are.

He was, is, and forever shall be
THE MAN!

No way around it, no use arguing with me about it. If you doubt my statement at all, just ask the Almighty God yourself, if you believe in Him. Of course you'll have to wait for an audience with God as he's standing in line to get into a Johnny Cash concert. He's recording, "Johnny Cash, Behind Bars Again: LIVE Behind the Pearly Gates" later this week and tickets are so hard to get, God doesn't even have the juice to snag some seats.

Anyway, while I cannot boast any great love for a large majority of his catalogue, not being much of a country fan, I can lay claim to a rather great fondness for a hell of a lot of songs from the Man in Black. My favorite Cash recordings are, of course, the American Recordings. You simply can't find better recorded music anywhere. The four studio albums and the subsequent Unearthed box set are the quintessential examples magnificent beauty. A great American singer simply doing what he does best.



I've been EAGERLY awaiting the release of American V, but it seems that CD may never come out. Prior to his death, Cash recorded about 60 tracks for the American V project and Rick Rubin has been very particular about picking the tracks and producing the final album of songs. The release date has been bumped and bumped so many times it seems as though it won't happen any time soon. I don't even find it listed at stores anymore with a release date.

I was hoping it would have come out by now so I could take full advantage of my car's CD player with MP3 playback. That way I could put every damn track on one disc and hit the open road. I just couldn't wait a moment longer and I went ahead and burned my CD tonight.

Perhaps this action will cause Rubin to release American V, the same way washing your car makes it rain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I should pay more attention to Johnny Cash. Just never caught me. I'll give it further consideration on your recommendation.

3:58 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

::stepping quietly out of the room::

7:21 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Bud, if you play your cards right you could get a Johnny Cash MP3 disc when you hit Chicago this week.

Sue, you can stick around. No need to leave. But I appreciate the effort. LOL!

8:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home