Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, August 05, 2005

Will Work for Food

Last week I found myself in Whiting, Indiana to perform at the Pierogi Fest. They've been trying to get me there for three straight years and this year I was FINALLY available to perform and boy was I glad to go.

April LOVES pierogis and I certainly can wolf down a few on my own. I wanted to make sure to get this booking so she could come along and enjoy one of her favorite foods from some 30+ vendors.

This week I am back in beautiful Mount Horeb, Wisconsin for NATIONAL MUSTARD DAY. This is, of course brought to the world by the fabulous Mount Horeb Mustard Museum. As you may recall, the Mustard Museum is among my favorite places on Earth and I happily jumped at the chance to work this festival. I'm even accepting much of my pay in mustard!




So, last week I took a gig so my wife could eat pierogis and this week I'm getting paid in mustard. Near as I see it I am the only entertainer around that truly will work for food. :)

The next day has me at a return appearance at another fantastic fest in Wisconsin, the Watertown Riverfest.

For all the times I complain about how bad the business is, when it is good, it is very good. It has less to do with the money to me as it does the fun I have working. Riverfest is one excellent party held in one of the more beautiful places in the state. Last time I was there I worked with Those Darn Accordions and The Fixx. How can you not enjoy a time like that?

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Fantastic. I'd never leave the Pierogi Fest alive, I can tell you that. I'm quite sure I could OD on those babies. I'm not a mustard fan. I wish I could get a peanut butter museum gig and get paid in cases of that stuff.

6:05 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Bid, head on out to the Mustard Museum and try some of the THOUSANDS of mustards they have in stock. You'll become a mustard guy before you know it. April was CLEARLY not a mustard person before she got to visit. Now she can't get enough of the stuff. LOL!

Jessica, we do in fact do many fun things together. Apparently, to all our friends, we're "the cool couple". Lots of fun. As for the other stuff, the watching me perform, the food, the...


I can only wish that were the case. :(

10:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home