Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, August 15, 2005

Nine Theatres

"The Aristocrats" is only being shown on NINE SCREENS nationwide! I'm not sure that even qualifies as "limited release". I think that is more like "jerk-off...release". Ah well, as the song says, you've got to "build a mountain from a little hill".

Needless to say, with so little support, especially from crooks like AMC theatres, I cannot boast any sort of Top 20 strength for the film. I can however boast a TOP 25 appearance!

Even with nine stinkin' screens showing the damned film, it managed to hit number 24 in the top-grossing films for the weekend (other reports have it hitting as high as #21). It averaged about $60,000 per screen in box office in the first 4 days of release, when there were only 4 screens showing it.

I plan on checking it out this week and will have a full report later.

Depending upon who's numbers you trust, "March of the Penguins" is either number 6 or 7 for the week. Either way it has actually made MORE money than in previous weeks, taking a lower overall placement thanks to newer films like "Four Brothers", "Sky High", and "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo" hitting the market. We'll see which of those films is around next weekend.

Story at indieWIRE.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy,

I find you on the web and you are so cute I like your penguin ideas.I want to send you som sexy picturs like this other teeshirt web site.I think mabe I look good in some Andy teeshirts. but I am not putting out in web for evry person.Plese tell me whare to send som personel picturs to you. and sorry for my english is bad I am just here from Germany. thank you

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Hmmm...very popular in Germany these days.

My e-mail is andy@andymartello.com

No need for anything crazy now. ;)

Becky, I am in complete agreement with you. So much money spent on movies that bomb. Why not take a chance on a relatively inexpensive film and give it an audience.

12:05 PM

 
Blogger Gordon D said...

Andy,

Now, now, you're thinking logically again.

In Hollywood, that's considered a no-no.

1:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the trailer seems nice. i may only hope that it reaches portugal someday...

hey miranda, send me some pictures too. i don't have much penguin ideas but i would appreciate the gesture.

7:41 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I've got a strange feeling Miranda doesn't exist. Of course, when my e-mail is brimming with lovely photos I'll be sure to correct myself. ;)

7:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home