Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Vaults Are SO Fucking Open!



My mom e-mailed me to remind me of some other juggling photos in the same theme as the Barker Lake photo. I remembered where I'd stored the damned things and thought I'd post them here to keep with the whole Andy nostalgia string of posts.

This time the photos are of me in a snow drift. Once again I didn't wear a costume and in this particular case the photos didn't turn out nearly as well as the lake picture. This is not a sleight against my mom, who took the photos. No, this had more to do with the fact that the stupid snow, which had been forecast as a major blizzard, didn't really amount to any significant accumulation or drifts. I had to "fake" the photo as best as I could by finding the deepest snow possible and kneel into it in order to create the illusion that I was submerged in snow and juggling.

The idea was that I'd be at least waist-high in snow and still juggling, giving the comical implication that I'd been there juggling for so long and was so involved in giving my performance I didn't notice the blizzard falling around me.

I found two different spots for my mom to take the snapshots and I had to walk clear around the photo area and walk in a very straight line towards my mark so you wouldn't be able to see my footprints in the snow behind me. Clever, eh? Today I'd just Photoshop the fucker and nobody would be impressed.

The photos turned out alright, but as with the previous efforts, were not suitable for any sort of real promotional purposes. About all they are good for are a few laughs and for content in this blog. Ta-daaaaaaa!



3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I think juggling snowballs is brilliant. Balancing a chair on your face? Never occured to me to try that to get chicks! I did hear from an old HS friend recently who would never be my girlfriend, much like yours, that there was nothing that could have changed my just friends status. That was supposed to be a compliment. The lake shot was cool. Had there been fish in the lake you could have juggled them.

8:36 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I didn't juggle snoballs. I just juggled in the snow. Another reason why the photos weren't right for promo. ;)

Bud, you wouldn't need to know how to balance anything to impress girls. You play guitar. Apparently, just owning a guitar gets a man bumped up on the "I'll give him some" scale.

Jess, you always make me all squoozy inside. ;)

Jade... :Þ

8:52 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I'm just impressed that you let snow get that close to your balls. Brr.

(I meant your juggling balls, of course.)

12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home