Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, July 10, 2005

From the Archives



Here's a photo from August of 1987. This was taken in Winter, Wisconsin during a little summer vacation for the family. I believe we were at Barker Lake, a lake unique for having abso-fucking-lutely NO FISH in the damned thing (frustrated fisherman talking here).

The lake had a floating dock and I got it into my head that I wanted a photo of me juggling out in the middle of nowhere. Theoretically I was going to take a series of photos where I'd be juggling in the most unusual of places and then use the pictures for promotional purposes. Not a bad idea really. An "I'll juggle ANYWHERE" kind of campaign. Of course the whole thing would have made considerably much more sense had I decided to actually take the photos in costume.

Look at this slob! Torn jeans, messed up hair, tennis shoes, and a LAME t-shirt featuring that AWFUL pseudo-technology that would make crappy black & white photos out of binary numbers. Did I mention this was 1987? The photo was of me and my girlfriend at the time. What a total loser!

Still, the photo stands as one of the few photos of me that I really like. It did create the feeling I was looking for. I do look stranded in the middle of nowhere and I suppose if my family had not decided to retrieve me from the dock, I'd still be there today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy Land said...

No, young lady, that is not a mullet. That would be the same pony tail I have to this day. Unbraided and certainly unattractive, but not a full-on mullet. If you want a mullet I'll find you some great pics of my younger brother!

7:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home