Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, June 05, 2005

One Birthday Present I'll ALWAYS Treasure!

I'm sorry for the dearth of posts of late, but as you know, I'm in the midst of celebrating "Birthday Week" around here. I will certainly have some good stories and photos to share later. For now, let me tell you about one little present I received this week. This is something I've been wanting for a LONG time!

I FINALLY got my letter from the I.R.S. declaring a "NO CHANGE" to my 2003 tax return. It came in the mail yesterday and I couldn't be happier!

Honestly, I had such a great time with April over the week that the paranoia inside me was looking around the corner for the bad news that often accompanies any good fortune I enjoy. I saw that envelope from the I.R.S. and I was certain the hammer was about to fall. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised and more importantly, RELIEVED!

This is excellent news because now I've got a good two to three year window if they gub-mint decides to audit me again. I can go in, explain that I've now been through this process twice and have had a "NO CHANGE", showing that I'm doing my duty as a good & proper tax payer. More often than not, going in with a "NO CHANGE" gets your audit tossed away and you can go about your life.

It was possibly the happiest of birthday presents I could have received.

More later!

6 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

Now that's a birthday present I can get behind. Go you.

3:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good show! What a great present for you indeed. I'm happy for you.

10:42 PM

 
Blogger Bud said...

Cool, Andy! How ironic is it that the best "present" is a letter from the government (by and for the people) that it isn't gonna fuck you over? Still, it's a damn good thing to have.

4:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rawk on, Baby. I'm glad you had an awesome birthday. I missed you.

~~Kellie
(

8:03 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

IRS: Mr. Martello, we undertsand you have a borthday coming up.

ME: Yep.

IRS: Well, in light of all the materials you have presented here, we've decided NOT to shove the Washington Memorial up your keester this year.

ME: Really? Thanks!

IRS: Happy birthday, young man - wait! How old are you?

ME: 35.

IRS: Scratch the "young man" part.

10:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Andy! What a nightmare! Glad you woke up.
:-)

9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home