Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Let's Play "Catch Up"

WHEW!

OK, I'm back in town and for the most part, rested enough to play a game of "Catch Up" with you regarding my travels, my shows, & my "Birthday Week".

First I went away to do some shows in Ohio. I left early in order to hook up with my brother and take in a Whitecaps game in Michigan, which was most excellent! Minor League Baseball and all of the Independent & College Wood Bat leagues are the ONLY ways to go if you're a true baseball fan. FUCK the Majors!

Next it was off to Akron, Ohio to do an absolutely dreadful show in a hot, echo-chamber of a gymnasium. It was one of those sunken gyms and the crowd was a good 20 feet above the actual show. To make things worse they were on opposite ends of the performance area and not a single person was in front of the action. I always hate these performing conditions, but I love paychecks and therefore, shut the hell up about them.

I did get to see my cousin and my aunt while traversing through Ohio and that is always a treat. They spent way too much money on food and drinks for me and were extremely accommodating. I don't get to see them often enough.

The next day had two shows in a beautiful old theatre in Cleveland. I was hoping to meet Kim and some of her family at one of the shows, but figured she'd be busy elsewhere. Those shows went very well and I can never say enough about the fun I have at great old theatres. This one is always being renovated a bit at a time every year and since I haven't been there in a while it is was fun to see what had been fixed in my absence.

After the shows I got some Don Hermann & Sons dill pickles (the BEST dill pickles on Earth and ONLY available in the Cleveland area), made a stop in the Toledo area to buy some Tony Packo's hot dogs for my freezer (The BEST non-Chicago hot dogs on Earth, only available in the Toledo area), and head on home for more shows.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

A post on fantastic reginal foods would be very cool, Andy. Give that some thought. I bet you have a whole collection of them. Then you could start a side business as an on-line purveyor of that kind of stuff. There's a place that fed-exes Philly cheesesteaks that charges a fourtune. Like $75 a hoagie for christsakes. I guess the shipoping is expensive for fresh food. Just a thought. Glad you're back. Got to get to MBC and read your piece. And then write one of my own pretty soon.

11:52 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I have long wanted to go to Toledo for the sole purpose of eating at Tony Packo's. Now I also need to go to New York and buy Spam in the Spamalot collector's tin, thanks to you.

1:45 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

You can get it at the SPAM Museum and I believe you can buy it online at the SPAMALOT gift store.

I got my can in Chicago, where SPAMALOT had it's debut, so I didn't need to buy MORE of it. ;)

Bud, I'm sure I'll share lots of tasty food treats here before I die...of a heart attack.

1:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home