Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, June 30, 2005

How to Get Andy to Play Your Town

So you want Andy Martello to work in your area, eh? Well there are ways to make this happen.

1) First, I can just go to your home town and try to drum up work. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Too much expense involved with just going somewhere like New York, Dallas, Canada, Hawaii, etc. on spec. Plus, I have no money for trips like that. Next idea...

2) If you have a job or know someone that does, chances are you MAY be working for a company that has some sort of annual events like picnics, holiday parties, or even trade shows and sales meetings. Think back. Did you ever actually go to one of these things? I thought you might have. Remember the band that was playing, the ambient entertainment at the party, the hoopla and production that went into your annual meeting or trade show? Well THAT is the sort of thing I do and YOU can actually mention my name to the folks at work who plan these sorts of things. You may even want to bring up a bigger show, like The Vegas Brothers if they want a full package.

I can do hour long stage shows, attract customers to your booth, use my Plate Spinning Act to teach proper time management at the managers meeting, or do strolling entertainment at the party. All this is easily explained at my main website and you can certainly pass that info along to the desperate folks trying to plan these events. I'd even send you a complete press kit and DVD of the act to make things easier. Hell, e-mail me the name and address of the person to send this stuff to and I'll do it myself. Anyone who gets me work would certainly get a commission check or at the very least some Flying Penguinis as a thank you.

3) Are YOU in the entertainment business? Do YOU know of some reliable agencies or reputable production companies that would benefit from having my name in their roster of talent? Please, send me their information and I'll happily send them a cornucopia of Andy-centric information in the hopes that they'll book me. I would certainly do the same for you if you're looking for work in my area.

I've found that recommendations from acts the agents use & trust works much better than simply trying to get in with the guys based on your promo material and winning personality. These folks are fickle and really only use the same 10 or 15 people over & over again until they need someone new or are told about someone good by those 10 or 15 folks.

As an example, I posted a link to one Mr. Bud Buckley on my main website's "Strategic Partners" page. An agent friend on mine, Marc Schultz, of the Howard Schultz Theatrical Agency, saw the link and figured if I was recommending him so highly he'd call him up and get his material on file. Marc books mostly in Chicago but does a fair amount of things nationally, as well as cruise ships, and the like. I cannot say if Marc intends to book Bud after receiving the materials(I'm assuming he sent him some promo...Bud???), but I can say that Marc has used many of the acts I've referred and he at least let me know that he felt like listening to Bud after reading my recommendation. That's a good deal for us all. Bud has been equally as kind about plugging my work and perhaps one day I'll be in Florida juggling my little heart out. People helping people are the greatest people...

4) Do you live near a theatre or comedy club? Would you like to see Andy Martello or The Fabulous Vegas Brothers appearing at those venues? See idea number two and proceed from there.

5) Hey! Here's an idea. YOU have an event that needs some kick-ass entertainment. I'm thinking if you threw some sort of party and called me, Bud, Deni, and other blogger/entertainer types, we might figure out a way to make something happen. I know I give great prices to my friends. Hell, I'm working one event this year for MUSTARD! How about some kind of blog summit? Let's get lots of our favorite bloggers together for a party and have blogging performers provide the entertainment. See? This can work.

1 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

I would absolutely go to a central location where you were performing, to meet other bloggers and hang out. First, though, I must pimp you out hardcore.

4:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home