Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, June 13, 2005

The Father's Day Trilogy, This Month at MBC!

It is always amazing what a little whining and paranoid behavior can do. I now have for you, the discerning reader, links to The Father's Day Trilogy, available throughout the month of June at Malicious Bitch.

Although these were all featured in The Cheers last year, I felt that they deserved a second look in the pages of MBC, where the readership seems to be larger, smarter, and certainly better looking. ;)


Plus I've been too depressed and lazy to write anything new.

These three pieces are, in my opinion, among my finest works to date. A few overly-used exclamation points aside, they will always be among my favorite columns. They stand well individually or if read as a trilogy.

I can say without any arrogance or bravado that these pieces should make you laugh, make you cry (or suppress tears like any REAL MAN would do), and most of all, make you remember that Father's Day is June 19th. If you had a dad that wasn't a total jerk, you may just want to give him a call. Or, remember him fondly if he's gone, like my family has to do every day.

It is my sincerest hope that you will read them, my even larger desire that you will enjoy them, and my complete and total fear that you will find them to suck royal ass (I, of course don't really mind if you do...Just break it to me gently.). All that being said, I hope you check them out and maybe even e-mail the articles to some friends, your own fathers, or anyone that has not yet discovered a fine publication like Malicious Bitch.

"A Father's Wisdom: The $25.00 Monkey" (Part One)


"Father's Day My Ass!" (Part Two)


"Parting Gifts" (Part Three)



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, loved the opportunity to reprint the FD Trilogy... so heartfelt, and so fucking funny - someday you should consider a greeting card line!

11:44 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I shudder to think about eh company that would let me write greeting card slogans for them!

Hell I still can't get a handle on what I should do with all these fucking essays. Self publish? Shop for an agent/publisher? Let them rot on my hard drive as yet another wasted and unfulfilled dream?

Anyway, I'm glad you print and reprint my work. I'm hoping to make your magazine extremely famous...and then hustle the lot of ya for some serious cash.

;)

11:51 PM

 
Blogger Bud said...

Andy, The trilogy was just too beautiful. What should you do with them. Aren't you listening to your old man? Find a way to publish them. It's what you're supposed to do. Honor him.

9:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All three are FANTASTIC Andy!
Although my personal favorite is "Fathers Day My Ass! as far as rating extremely high on the Funny meter!:-)
But Parting Gift was very touching, and real! Well done!:-) I hope you publish your essays some day. (I'd buy them!)
3T

1:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy, Andy. They're all good. I like the Father's Day My Ass the best. It's my fave. Good writting, blog on!

9:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home