Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Driving, Performing, & More Driving

Carol Stream...Ann Arbor...Akron...Cleveland...Toledo...Ann Arbor (for sleep)...Kenosha (to watch The Vegas Brothers)...back home to Carol Stream, all within a few days.

Then, my birthday!

Miraculously it did not rain on my birthday. In fact, it did not rain during all of the celebratory parts of "Birthday Week". I've never had more beautiful weather during any portion of my birthday celebrations and I couldn't have been happier about it.

Unfortunately I was so damned tired and April was stuck at work all day so I couldn't do much of anything to enjoy the day. I did get treated to breakfast at the Olde North Pancake House, a most excellent breakfast place. Even though I was panicking about my complete lack of gigs and money, April assured me life would be OK soon. April also bought me one of my favorite sweet foods, the HAMBURGER CAKE!

I'd intended to have a photo of the hamburger cake to share with you but I ate the damned thing before I could take a photo. It is simply a cake shaped and decorated like a hamburger. Lots of tasty frosting and cuteness all rolled into one delicious cake. They used to make them in actual hamburger-sized cakes, but now I can only get them in BIG cakes. Oh, well...more cake for me!

Once April got back from work we set off for some Birthday Week fun. She had the next couple of days off and we weren't going to waste them. I could have done without the driving since I'd already put so many damn miles under my feet, but fun is fun! Besides, April was planning on spending all the cash for fun on ME so who was I to argue?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Hanburger Cake? See, another regional treat you could sell on line. I never heard of a hamburger cake.

I just read about the $25 Monkey. THAT was a terrific story and a beautiful tribute. If I had your Dad in HS, I may have started trying to become a performer much sooner.

12:19 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Glad you liked the column, Bud. Be sure to check out the next two in the trilogy.

As for Hamburger cake...

Here's a recipe...

and a photo (Mine doesn't look quite like this one, but you get the idea)

2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home