Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

R.I.P. Frank Gorshin

Devastating news.

GENIUS comedian & actor, legendary night club performer, and brilliant mimic, Frank Gorshin has died at the age of 72.

Most people remember him for his portrayal of The Riddler in the "Batman" TV series. I was brought up to know him as the ULTIMATE night club comedian. My dad, always one to point out geniuses at work when it came to comedy, always made sure to tell me about Gorshin and his many characters, voices, and appearances on "The Tonight Show", & "The Ed Sullivan Show".


I never got to see him even though he came around here often and performed up til his death. Very sorry to hear of his passing as he was a genius.

Right now I can't help but thinking about some good friends of mine & expert voice impersonators, Bob Jay, Mike Toomey, & Bill Mellberg. I'll have to give them all a call later.

14 Comments:

Blogger Andy Land said...

That's the guy.

Dunno where that particular pictue came from. I foud it on the web and found it to be much better a pic than the one at the MTV news site. LOL!

12:09 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Feelin your pain dude... what a bummer.

12:15 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Yeah. I never thought of him ever dying. Of course he did have lung cancer, emphyzema, and pneumonia. Quitter!

Hey Freddie, I hear tell that you're linked over at www.thevegasbrothers.blogspot.com

;)

12:22 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

He was in one of my favorite original Star Trek's ever - with a half-black/half-white face. Amazing episode.

If you ever catch old game shows on GSN, he sometimes shows up in black and white, as a panelist.

5:02 AM

 
Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

Thank you so much for posting about this. I was disheartened also.

Fantabulous site too.

1:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Golfwidow on this one. That Star Trek episode was THE BEST. Sorry to hear about Frank...

10:55 PM

 
Blogger Nicky Vegas said...

I'd hate to hear the comments from "The Harsh-ass, Hate Mongering Commenter"

The Vegas Brothers are pretty shok up about this news too. Good to see him getting his props, even if it is from a hack prop comic like Martello.

-OH!-

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Nice. Very nice.

Welcome, Commenter. I'll check out your blog and leave some happy things there later.

Last Gril & Golfwidow, that was one of the BEST Star Treks ever. Totally rocked! Frank Gorshin & Shatner on the same screen! How can you beat it!

BTW, Last Girl, even though Nicky Vegas is somewhat disgusting and ill-mannered, I hear he was kind enough to link you at his new blog.

11:02 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Frank Gorshin did an awesome impersonation of George Burns and he was a gifted comic. I loved him as the Riddler though! Nice to finally meet you Andy, though via DB and B'Tude's blogs, I feel I've known you for ages.

2:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard they all die in threes! other people died this week but I forgot!

5:24 AM

 
Blogger broomhilda said...

He was brilliant!

6:07 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

WELCOME, Kim & Mrs Mogul! Very nice to get some new faces in here!

I've B'Tude sent me to your blog awhile back,Kim. I've enjoyed reading it a lot. Sorry I've been lurking a bit there.

Mogul, I'll be checking out your blog later today. Not sure who else left us this week, but the dead celebrity triads do seem to abound.

If either of you would like to do a link exchange just let me know and I'll get your blogs on the list right away. I can also put in a good word for you with Nicky Vegas. ;)

8:49 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

uhmmmmmmm, I took the liberty of linking you already, hehe, cuz I'm funky like that.

12:27 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Cool!

I'll add you to my links some time today and bug Nicky Vegas to do the same. ;)

1:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home