Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Now THAT'S What I Call a Fan Pic!



Oh yeah! Look at that magnificent piece of work! This photo comes to me courtesy of the very talented, Mr. Bud Buckley! Sure there are no penguins or scantily clad women in the photo, but this thing has a lot of HEART, and that's what matters most!

In fact, it appears to me that Bud is standing in or around the back lot of what once was the winter quarters of Ringling Bros Circus, as well as my comedic alma mater, Ringling Bros. Clown College! For no other reason, he gets extra points for that! I mean really, that's effort!

Among the things I like about this photo is that Bud is one hell of master of the art of shameless self-promotion. You may not realize this, but Bud is wearing a BudBuckley.com hat, a t-shirt promoting his new CD, "Feel My Love" , and holding a copy of the CD next to the sign. THAT'S some fine work! I laugh every time I look at this picture!

Feel His WHAT?  OH!  His Love.  WHEW!What? You were not aware that Bud had a CD for sale? My word! How ever will I rectify this situation? I KNOW! How about if I add a big photo of the cover art from the CD and add a link to where you can listen to samples and then PURCHASE the CD for your own listening pleasure? That sounds like a great idea.

I recently bought a copy myself and I've been listening to it while making this post. It arrived alongside the cool fan pic. What I've heard so far is very good, indeed! I'll give a more thorough review later. Until then check out his site and decide for yourself. You should have a copy of this if you enjoy good, honest music, performed by a sincere and talented man.

When I went to Bud's blog today and saw a great photo-essay about his recent road trip I was quite startled to find that Bud bares a striking resemblance to local radio personality, blues musician, and all-around great guy, Buzz Kilman.

Buzz is currently on WCKG radio here in Chicago reading news and adding his Royal Buzzness to the Steve Dahl show. He also plays a wicked blues harp with my good friend, Jon Spiegel, in The Blues Rocket Scientists.

Bud or Buzz?  You Decide!I've met Buzz on several occasions and spun plates at his birthday party not too long ago. He paid me one of the best compliments I've ever received. His party was filled with some of the most talented people from the music business you'll ever find. Alice Peacock, Cathy Richardson, and many more were on stage playing and singing and making me feel quite small & insignificant. What the hell was a fucking plate spinner doing there, anyway?

After taking the stage Buzz came up to me to tell me how much he enjoyed the act. I told him I had hoped that was what he wanted for the show. He simply laughed and said, "Andy, that's what EVERYBODY should want in their show!"

Now that I see Bud and put him next to Buzz (another musician from Florida) I can only assume that all musicians from Florida are great guys and look exactly alike. LOL!

So Bud, did you want some Penguinis or a Louie Louie CD? I already sent you a collector's card, right? ;)

Want FREE STUFF? CLICK HERE and find out how to get some by joining the Penguini Posse!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Andy Land said...

Yep. Bud's no fool. He knows that an Andy Land fan pic is more than just a way to show you have great taste in blogs. He knows that it is a marketing opportunity like no other!

He mentioned he has a few CDs left in the hopper to sell and I'll be damned if I don't do my part! ;)

4:13 PM

 
Blogger Bud said...

I am, admittedly, a shameless whore. I don't say it like it's a bad thing, though.

Thanks, Andy, for all the fine promotion on your end. I need no prize for that. And thanks for buying my CD. Glad you like it. The next one will be better.

I have to meet this Bud look-alike when I come to Chicago. Hope you can arrange that. Damn if all Florida musicians looked alike, there'd be a bunch of lenerd skynerd looking dudes. Yeah I know that isn't spelled right but it's late after a gig, I'm tired, and who gives a shit how to spell that.

9:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess we'll all have to come up with something creative for Bud's Hawai`i trip now too :)

Now if we could get Andy over here too we could get the head penguini himself in a photo, rofl

DB

1:08 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I can send you a shitload of press kits & DVDs and you could spread them around to hotels, clubs, and business folk. Then if I get a gig I'll pay you a commission check, hire Christine to take some new promo photos, etc. Could be one big silly business trip!

;)

Bud, my friend Dave Goldflies,lives in Fla. He's a musician as well. However he does not look like you, so I guess my theory is shot. LOL!

9:02 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

I think Dave has been around here. I never paid attention to the name because it always goes like this,"Hey we have that guy, uh, you know the one that played with the Almans..."

Dude needs to learn how to pimp himself out.

3:56 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Yeah, Dave has stopped by here upon occasion.

He should b better at pimping himself out, but the truth is he has grown his web design business so much that he rarely gets to be a kick-ass musician anymore.

However, when he plays, he plays damn well!

You should make a little trip to Panama City Beach some day, Bud, and look him up. He's a great guy and a good contact to have in your book.

9:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home