Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Meme Me, Meming You

I think 3T is taking advantage of my weakness for attractive brunettes because she tagged me with a MEME. I'll play along, but that's only because in my world, she convinced me to do so by doing a strip tease to a Journey song.

Here goes...

Total volume of music on my hard drive: 181 MB (Mostly versions of Louie Louie)

Last CD I Bought: Bud Buckley's "Feel My Love" & "Tom Jones & Jools Holland" (bought at roughly the same time)

Song playing right now: Not that this is music to my ears or anything, but the Cubs/White Sox game is on in the background. There's also some very loud rap/crap bouncing through the walls from a neighboring apartment.

Five songs I listen to a lot: In no particular order...

  • "Louie Louie"
  • Anything from the Cash: Unearthed Box Set
  • The Tom Jones recording of "Mama Told Me Not to Come"
  • Anything by Stevie Ray Vaughn
  • Anything by Joe Walsh

(bonus songs, not asked for in the MEME, but who cares?)

  • "Photograph", "Don't Pass Me By" & "Love Me Do", by Ringo Starr (VH1 Storytellers recording)
  • "Cleveland Rocks", by the Presidents of the United States of America (I think that's who did the cool remake)
  • Anything off the Stax/Volt Singles box set (the first one)
  • "AM Radio" by Everclear (and many more from them)
  • Soundtracks, Compilations, & MORE Soundtracks!
  • EVERYTHING by Me First & The Gimme Gimmes

Pick five people you want to annoy with this MEME LOL!: As is tradition, I'll try to pick people that rarely, if ever read my blog, and therefore KILLING the MEME. Once again, in no particular order...

  • Heather at picturepicture.net. She didn't read my blog when she was linked here. She hasn't read it since I took her off the links list. She won't read this now. I've always wanted to say, "I tagged Heather" and now when I say it, it isn't a complete lie.
  • Joe Schulenberg. He hasn't blogged in so long I am sure he'll never answer this.
  • Ron Jeremy. This blog is likely a fake, but isn't it cool to think that Joe Schulenberg & Ron Jeremy are mentioned in the same place?
  • Eric at The Louie Louie Blog. I KNOW he has better things to do with his time than answer this silly MEME!
  • Casper D. Dog. Hey LOOK! A blog run by a dog! No WAY! This is about as pointless as life gets. Let's hope the dog can only write and not actually read.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, 3T got me too. But hey, it's all fun and games. :)

4:25 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Yeah, I'm fine with playing along with the meme things. I just have to bust people's stones a bit when they tag me. It is just more fun that way.

Plus I like the idea of trying to tag people that will never respond and having at least one branch of the MEM family tree that comes to an end.

;)

4:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Andy, ya wanna come to Hawaii and have a great big party with us,huh?

I guess we all need to work hard and see what's available for you and the Vegas Brothers.

I'll see if my husband can talk to Tom Moffett, who is a promoter here in Hawaii. Maybe we can get something going. My husband is a retarded....(did I just say that :P) retired musician and has a few connections. Can't promise anything, but we can try. :)

11:32 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

You shoot me a snail mail address at and@andymartello.com and I'll get out a few press kits right away. ;)

I've worked in almost all 50 of the states and Hawaii is on the list of places I haven't been yet. Plus I seem to have a blog following there so MAYBE somebody would actually come and see my show there. LOL!

4:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Andy... you're a better person than me with the Meme thing. I've just taken to doing a Readers Digest version in the comments on the persons blog who Memed me. I just can't take the PRESSURE! (So PLEASE never meme me!)

Just got to sing DON'T PASS ME BY in a Beatle's White tribute here in NY. It's such a fun song, but I listened to it so many times in one week I need a break from it... for about 2 years!

9:21 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Don't worry. With very few exceptions I don't MEME anyone that actually reads my blog. I like putting an abrupt end to them, making my answeres the final words on the subjects. LOL

Of course, some people have a much better take on MEMES. Nicky Vegas seems to have found the best way to put a stop to the MEME craze. ;)

Yeah, I can imagine that you would need abreak from that song, if not all things Beatels for some time. I can relate. When I do Blues Brothers songs there are a few tuens I get a little sick of myself.

Of course, the VH1 Storytellers version of "Don't Pass Me By" is so damned good I can hear it a thousand times without a problem. Hell, that whole concert make every song sound great. That CDs version of "Love Me Do" and "Photograph" are so much better than their Beatle & Post Beatle recordings it is surprising.

I'm a bit funny like that though. There are many (too many) songs that hit my eardrums in such a way I never, and I mean NEVER tire of hearing them, even if you were to play them over and over.

10:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!! :-)
Well as long as it's a Journey song....
Thanks for playing Andy!
You're a good sport! ;-)

6:06 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Glad you enjoyed, 3T.

Ya know, Journey has something of a role in my "Hair of the Dog" article over at Malicious Bitch. Journey is my go-to band when I need to make a make-out reference. Ahh, the 80's. Is there anything they can't do?

8:31 AM

 
Blogger E.P. said...

I have no idea what a MEME is....

so I won't MEME you....yet....

10:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home