Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, May 23, 2005

Early Birthday Present!

Can anyone say enough good things about Bud Buckley? Hell no! He's just too nice a guy and it is impossible to tout his virtues any more than most everyone already has before. Maybe one day some disgruntled former student will come on out and piss in the Bud Buckley pool, but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

I have to thank Bud for taking the time to record not one, but two unique and entertaining versions of "Louie Louie", in response to my half-serious/half-joking birthday wish list. To say the least, Bud really put some thought and effort into making that stupid song seem considerably less stupid. In fact...it quite possibly counts as actual music when Bud plays it.

That being said, his more artistic recording of the song pales in comparison to his bizarre, pseudo-German, oddly translated, and heavy bass vocal performance of the song.

Of the two versions he sent my way, one was done by "Bud Buckley". The other, by "Arnold". I was intrigued and eager to listen to both. I patiently sat through the Buckley version and enjoyed his interpretation very much. Then, "Arnold" took to the mike and I almost died from laughing so much.

No matter which Bud Buckley I was listening to, it was a most generous and thoughtful gift that made my whole day much better.

If you'd like to check out what Bud & wife have been up of late, check out Bitchitude & Corporate Crap to see some great Penguini Posse pics (which I'll be stealing and posting in their own section here shortly). Don't forget to read Bud's always entertaining blog.

Thanks, Bud. That was GREAT!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, I'm glad you got a nice surprise from Bud. Don't you kinda wish you were here too? We have to do something about that. :)

8:54 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Well, I can't say that I was surprised by the Louies, as Bud commentd a few times and e-mailed me to let me know they were on the way.

I was just so darned pleased at actually receiving the CD that it was necessary to blog about it. I'm also waiting for about $600+ in checks and I doubt they're going to be here any time soon. Bud actually DELIVERS! ;)

Becky, you know I don't know how to read! LOL! I'll update my post later tonight.

10:54 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Oh yeah...Ma...send me your snailer and I'll be sure to get you in the Penguin Posse as well as making sure you have an abundance of Andy Martello/The Vegas Brothers promo for your pimping pleasure.

See, I want very much to go to Hawaii, mostly to meet the blog folks. But I've heard tell that the resorts and clubs out there have oodles of money to spend on people like me! That's also a bit of a motivation. ;)

10:56 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

I for one sincerely appreciate that Bud's name is Bud, so when I say "Gee, thanks buddy!" I'm not only saying thanks "buddy", I'm calling him by name. Of course, I only call guys whose names I can't remember buddy, but that's not the point.

11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home