Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Random Celebrity Photos! Vol. One: Bruce Campbell

Gimme $25.00, baby!

As if I needed a reason, I now add a new and extremely pointless semi-regular feature to this here blog...

Random Celebrity Photos!

Every now and again I will post some photo from my archives of miscellany that feature me with celebrities of varying prominence. I don't have many of them so they will come out rather sporadically, I'm afraid. If I have a cool celebrity story with no accompanying photo I may add them in a segment called...

Random Celebrity Memories!

I've actually had more encounters with celebrities & pseudo-celebrities than I have autographs and photos. I never really get all crazy around these folks and go autograph happy. I'm much more content having a cool memory or two to share. Personal encounters are much cooler to me than trinkets and photos. Of course having something tangible to back up your story is always nice.

Leading off this new waste of bandwidth is a photo of me and Evil Dead/Maniac Cop/Bubba Ho-Tep cult superstar, Bruce Campbell. You may recall that Bruce played a pivotal role in my article for The Cheers, "Fun With Ego-Surfing" some time ago.

I was fortunate enough to be at a couple of his signings for his book, "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a 'B' Movie Actor", He was also kind enough to answer questions, chat with fans, and pose for photos. Always nice to see what $25.00 and some time in line can buy you. For me, it bought a very entertaining read, some memorable but brief conversation, and this photo.

Bruce is marveling at my "Legalize Shemp" shirt, a shirt I wore on that day for two reasons. First, (and really the ONLY reason) it was CLEAN! Second, (and the bogus reason I tell the Campbell hipster fans out there) I knew that Bruce was a Three Stooges fan and that the term "fake shemp" was a prevalent credit in all of the Evil Dead films. I honestly didn't think of that until I was already in line to get a book signed, but it did make my time with Mr. Campbell much more enjoyable.

If you are not familiar with Bruce Campbell's work, you certainly owe it to yourself to check out some of the TV shows and films he's worked on over the years. "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." is still one of my favorite programs of all time. Man I wish that were on DVD! He's got a new book coming out soon called, "Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way" and somehow I am sure it will be the finest book ever written!

6 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

I heart Bruce Campbell. I am desperately jealous of you.

5:24 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

He's very accessible to his fans. He frequently chats online and makes appearances everywhere. When his new book comes out he'll surely be making the rounds again (the first one was a best seller). If he comes anywhere near you you should go and meet the guy. He'll write, "Gimme some sugar, baby" on the inside of your book! ;)

9:02 AM

 
Blogger broomhilda said...

I'm also very jealous, I adore Bruce Campbell.

1:00 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

WOO-HOO! A new face in the crowd!

Welcome, broomhilda! Thanks for commenting. How did you come to find this blog?

Yeah, ol' Bruce is not without his fans and his charms. I thought he was just excellent in Bubba Ho-Tep!

He does the kind of work I admire most. Character actors work for a lifetime. Leading men are lucky if they get a good run of a few years.

1:18 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Andy, you rock brutha!

1:08 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Awww shucks, Jade. I'm just a moron that has a few cool stories. ;)

1:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home