Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, April 24, 2005

MMMmmm, Baby Water Fowl!

Photo By: Andy Martello


Our first baby goose sighting of the year happened the other day. We have a very lovely pastoral pond in our apartment complex and with that comes many geese, ducks, and other birds.

Every year we get many families of geese & ducks and it makes for big time fun around here. I've been behind in tracking the nests and progress of the hatchlings. Well, they just couldn't wait for me to get out there and do my thing and this first set of 5 goslings was spotted the other day.

Photo By: Andy Martello

As I was taking a few photos of our new goose family this family of 10 ducklings came swimming into view.

In past years we've had as many as 60 baby geese and 4o baby ducks roaming the grounds and learning all about begging for food from suburban apartment dwellers.

This is actually the first time I had the presence of mind to get out the camera and preserve the moment. I'll be sure to keep you posted on the water fowl patrol! In the meantime, admire the lovely scenery and majestic beauty of a man-made pond, some footbridges, and the like.


Photo by: Andy Martello

4 Comments:

Blogger Andy Land said...

Hey Jade! I ended up killing your last comment, "..llama llama llama....DUCK!
Ha! I crack myself up....".

I tend to post the pictures first then smoosh them all together into one big post. You must have caught me "in transititon".

LOL!

8:14 PM

 
Blogger broomhilda said...

Andy,
Shouldn't that be ...duck ...duck ...duck
...LLAMA!
lol...

6:34 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Heh heh heh, Jade is on top of my site. (blushing)

Duck...duck...PENGUIN! That's how the game should be played!

9:12 PM

 
Blogger broomhilda said...

lol

3:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home