Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, April 24, 2005

I Survived the Prom

It was actually a very cool gig. I have to say that the students of North Linn High School in Troy Mills, Iowa are very cool. They were very polite and came to the show to have a good time so my gig was most excellent for me.

Things have sure changed since I was a prom going student. This was a fairly small town and measures are taken to try and keep the kids from heading out to the bigger city to drink and potentially crash their cars.

So, at this school they have the prom and then a massive after prom event that features food, games, rides, and most impressively, fabulous prizes. I'm not kidding. There were laptop computers, microwave ovens, and all sorts of good loot to be had for students in attendance. When I went to prom the big thrill was getting to keep the champagne flute with the prom theme printed on the side. Now you get a Gateway computer!

This was also cool because about 150 students signed up for the after prom event and I was told that they were quite interested in seeing the comedy juggler/fire eater guy. They would leave the prom, go home and change into P.J.'s and sweats or whatever they were most comfortable in, and then enjoy the event til 4:00 AM. It was also a "lock-in" event, so I quite actually had a captive audience!

I've done many a high school event, but my first show at a prom was very cool.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, and to think, we got set free on the big metropolis in SoCal to do the devil's bidding all night ;)

Great story--glad YOU had a good time, too :)

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Really, since I wasn't into the whole drinking scene as a kid, all there was to do at our prom was go somewhere and get some action!

Of course I have a few bad memories associated with prom lovin' as this week's MBC will reveal. ;)

Jade, get the local school there to hire me and I'll sneak you in as my assistant. LOL!

10:11 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Jade..."get to" or "have to"? ;)

Get those teacher friends to have me out there for assemblies, dances, whatever and if I can string a bunch of shows together in a short time I'll cut a schweet deal and treat it like a local gig. Otherwise it would be 'spensive. LOL!

9:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home