Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, April 08, 2005

I Have Too Much Time On My Hands

Well I did back some time ago. Actually I kind of have a lot of free time that is wholly wasted right now. I digress.

Several years ago, say about 1989, there was precious little snow in Park Ridge, IL that winter. I was not complaining as I hate snow!

What cracks me up when there is a little snow is watching kids go outside and try to play in the snow the same way they would as if there were copious amounts of the stuff everywhere. This year there was so little snow that the kids didn't even try to pretend. They were skateboarding on the sidewalks all winter!

One day we got just enough flakes to fall on the ground that you could see almost one full square foot of snow covering a square foot of grass. Not wanting to miss the chance for some fun I went outside and built a snowman.

Of course there was so little snow that the snowman was about 6 inches tall and sat on our window ledge instead of the front lawn. I had just enough snow left over to make a little snow dog. Look at how cute these snow creatures were!

Given that there was so little snow that winter it would follow that it was fairly warm most of the time. That being said, it should come as no surprise that the snow dog melted into oblivion about one hour later. The snowman, however stood proud in the face of adversity. He lasted on the window ledge for about a week or two.

Of course as it got warmer the snowman took on something of a melted and decrepit form. You can't really stop the entropy of a melting snowman.

I could have scooped him up and put him in the freezer, but the way he was melting was rather humorous to my smart-assed 19 year old self and I took great joy in the further amusement I found watching the way the snowman was fading away.

Eventually the snowman looked rather like a victim of some horrible crime. If not a vicious murder then certainly the snowman was a vampire and some vigilante mob brought him to his end. Regardless I had to have even more fun with my little snowman while I had the chance.

This last photo says it all.

I know. I need help. I needed it then and I need even more now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home