Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, March 31, 2005

In the Future...

...I'm just going to list my profession on my tax forms as, "C.E.O. of ENRON Corp."

That may in fact be the last joke I ever tell. :(


Plan on the Andy Martello show business retirement party being in about a month.

Plan on the Andy Martello substance abuse intervention some time in August.

Plan on the Andy Martello funeral on April 15, 2006.

Watch the news in between August 2005 & April 2006 to see if there are any funny stories involving a drunken fire eater "causing a disturbance through aggressive panhandling" at the IRS building in Bloomingdale, IL.

Actually the interview/audit went much better than last year's, according to my accountant. He said our auditor was much more understanding of the needs of my profession and was VERY impressed with how organized and well-presented my data and receipts were.

None of this means that there won't be any changes or scrutiny, of course. However, the tone and feel of this year's procedure is much better than before and that is CERTAINLY something to feel better about! In short, it looks as though this year I will be given more of a fair shot and that's really about all a guy can hope for in this situation.

Thanks for any mojo sent my way. I'm sure it helped. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy Land said...

You must have been leaving the comment just as I was updating the post.

No, jail seems rather unlikely since I haven't intentionally done anything wrong. Plus, that's a bit of an extreme punishment for an honest man.

That being said, I won't really have any idea just what will or won't be allowed or disallowed for a few weeks. I probably won't hear anything one way or the other until after the 15th of April at the earliest.

I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope my better system of organizing my receipts and contracts will carry me to a better and happier resolution than before.

Glad you're liking my blog. I try to keep it interesting around here.

BTW, it was a nice consolation to know you liked my ENRON joke. ;)

1:30 PM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I'm glad it went well. I was a bit worried you were going to have to switch careers to be a Muppet, with the hands of the IRS up your butt.

3:23 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I never said it went well. I only said it went better than last time. Too soon to tell how well it went, unfortunately. I just am not AS worried.

That Muppet thing...still very much a possibility!

3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home