Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, February 04, 2005

President Kennedy (Ossie Davis) and Dean Wormer (John Vernon)

My brain is filled with SAND!Very sad news today.

Just when I was done saying, "Oh nooooo" about the death of veteran character actor, John Vernon (Animal House & Killer Klowns from Outer Space) I had to hear the news about the death of legendery actor, and co-star of Bubba Ho-Tep, Ossie Davis.

Sure these guys had great careers and made more "important" films, but the films I remember them for will keep them fondly in my heart and in my DVD collection forever.

Later Thoughts (About 3:00 PM CST)

What strikes me about these two deaths in particular is the loss of these great voices. These guys had memorable voices that accented their portrayals of their characters beautifully.

You listen to Davis doing narration or voiceover work in Babe or in the Ken Burns Baseball documentary and you just know it is him and you're happy to hear the voive.

Vernon's voice in Animal House or just about any role he played clearly illustrated how the sound of the words can be just as important as the delivery of them.

I just found out that boxing champion Max Schmeling died today at the age of 99. In a way you can say that three heavyweights died today.


2 Comments:

Blogger Andy Land said...

Didn't mean to bum you out. Just passing on the stories of those passing on.

Boxing great Max Schmelling died today too. Three heavyweights in one day.

I loved Ossie as the narrator in the Babe movies too. Just a class act!

12:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit! Not one of them was on my Death Pool list! I am absolutely terrible at picking people who I think will go. Although on a postive note, that is always good for the people on my list!

5:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home