Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Happy Groundhog Day!

Phil

Photo: Andy Martello
I hope that little guy tells Old Man Winter to
FUCK RIGHT OFF!


Phil

After my gig today I may just take the little lady to Woodstock, IL, where the classic film, Groundhog Day, was filmed.

It is funny seeing a town you know very well portrayed on screen as another town. Seeing familiar buildings, walking through the town, enjoying the surreal quality of it all is just big silly fun.


Phil

We were thinking of getting up VERY early and watching Woodstock's version of the traditional Groundhog Day ceremony.

But then we remembered that nobody, not human nor groundhog, should EVER be awake earlier than 9:00 AM for ANY REASON!

So wherever you are today, even if you're in Canada,

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!

Have you hugged YOUR groundhog today?

4 Comments:

Blogger homercat said...

Groundhog Day is one of my all time favorite movies. I can't count how many times I've watched it. Bill Murray is outstanding in this flick.

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Eric Wormann said...

I've had Groundhog Day playing on repeat on my dvd player since 3:00 aM.

12:44 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Yeah, that film is most excellent!

I grew up very close to where they filmed that and it made watching the movie extra fun for me. I've worked with quite a few folks who've been involved with that movie in one way or another. They still show it every year on Groundhog Day at the theatre where Bill Murray showed up in his odd Zorro costume. Very cool.

Thanks for stopping by.

6:23 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

LOL! We're watching actual footage of groundhogs running around our local mall. We'll be watching the movie later for sure!

6:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home