Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, January 27, 2005

More Hate Mail. Or is this "Hate MALE"?

I love all my readers. I know not all readers will love me, especially when I write BROAD opinions and humor pieces like "You Gonna Eat That?"

Check out the latest (and given how long ago this was published at The Cheers I do mean LATEST). I have already posted my response at The Cheers. Enjoy!


anon. 2005-01-27 08:37:44

If this had been written by a woman it would have been - rightly - rejected as sexist twaddle.I know it was intended to be humourous but - even so - it really is both juvenile and innaccurate.I'm sure what is written is true about the (presumably very young) writer and his mates, but *real* men - grown up men - are much more complex and deeper than this, and not just in order to get laid. In fact, once a young man gets used to the idea of having sex on a fairly regular basis (something I suspect still eludes the writer) he becomes able to write great literature, analyse complex scientific problems, buid - not destoy - while cities and, eventually, to love like a true adult, and to cherish children - at least until they become as irritatingly facile and shallow as he was as a very yopung man. Then the whole process starts all over again.


4 Comments:

Blogger Andy Land said...

It is not like I want hate mail, I just know I'll get some. Maybe when I become a successful and well-paid writer somewhere i will be less...uh..."honest" with my writing. But until then, more sexist twaddle and not-so-great literature from me!

I wonder if this guy ever read "Father's Day My Ass" or my Prom Articel?

I'm sure he'd love the VD story I've got coming in MBC!

3:15 PM

 
Blogger rachaelmh18 said...

I think that was a great response, Andy. Probably, the guy likes to take himself too seriously and shouldn't be reading a mag called "The Cheers" anyhow. Probably that schmo Lue Deck... lue who?

Happens to all the greats at some point ;)

4:43 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

LOL @ Marjo!

Thanks for the reassurance that I am not a complete asshole, but rather a misunderstood genius. ;)

What's that Suckramento link? I went over there and made sure to let them know your Thomas Crapper post Sucks NOT. Was that the right thing to do? I'm confused!

8:48 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Hmmm, maybe it was a disgruntled MBC reader that was to afraid to post there. That's a distinct possibility.

Honestly I don't care too much. At least he read it, or most of it at least. This guy seemed a bit too into the one idea that guys only care about getting laid. He even mentioned that sometimes we budil cities as opposed to destroying them...something I said almost verbatim, but he forgot about.

You can't please nor fool all the people all of the time. I posted a response that he'll surely never read nor would he fully appreciate if he did read it.

But I'z LOVES all my support group members!

3:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home