Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Oh God, I'm Getting Close! - I'm...Getting...CLOSE!

There's some good old sex talk for ya. This commemorates the very eventual and practically eminent arrival of my Sex Blogs article reaching the elusive 10,000 hits mark at The Cheers.

As I have said many times before, I know that 10,000 is not all that big of a deal considering how vastly traveled the internet(s) is(are), but since we're still growing and developing it is an extremely humbling little feat and I am quite proud of it. I can't say this enough, THANK YOU FOR READING!

What's strange is that when I wrote the Sex Blogs piece I ended up getting some grief from the inspiration for this fan favorite, Missy Mae of Small Town Sex. She sent me an e-mail telling me how upset she was that I'd even suggest her blog COULD be fake and was upset that I ever touched the subject at all. She was so insulted she never even blogged about the article in order to let her fans know that people are talking about her. Anyone who read the article saw that it was a very fair piece and it gave RAVE REVIEWS of her blog and its content, no matter what the truth may be. That was pretty clear and still I angered the horny one. She described herself to me as high maintenance and I guess she wasn't lying. LOL!

I noticed that this piece took off after being listed by linkfilter.net, Dave's Daily, Attu Sees All, and e-pauly and the effect was more readers of that story, the stories I linked within the piece, as well as this blog. That was very cool because it showed me that the Sex Blogs article was good enough to some that they felt compelled to check out other works of mine. Again, very humbling and satisfying.

I can only assume that after the increase in traffic to my article and this blog, Missy Mae at Small Town should have seen a modest increase in traffic at the very least. Of course I don't know. She hasn't really talked to me since I insulted her by writing such a favorable story about her kick-ass blog. Not even a thank you. She also told me she doesn't care if she has readers or not. She blogs to vent. Seems an odd statement since she has a mailing list and advertisers a plenty on the site, but I'll believe her on that one too.

Anyway, this post was not intended to talk smack about one of my favorite blog-crushes. This was to let you know that I'm 14 reads away from having one of my articles be read 10,000 times at The Cheers. This is to say thank you to the friends who read my work every week, the new readers I find every day, and the lovely lady who inspired that article in the first place; Missy Mae.

I hope to have other "hit" articles and maybe even a paying career as a writer one day soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home