Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, October 04, 2004

Woo-Hoo! Whatcha Reading?



Sex Blogs - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly (2778)
A Jesus and a Queen and a Hip-Hop Scene (1407)
September Writing Prompts (265)
Fun With Ego-Surfing (170)
'...Too Soon': Remembering Matthew (164)

Those are the most recent stats taken from The Cheers! The feature shows the five most read articles since the re-launch of the magazine and just LOOK at who's got 3 of the 5 slots? WOO-HOO!

Now before I get too excited, let's remember that the relatively high numbered articles are referrals from Dave's Daily and they may or may not reflect a "real" number. That is to say, sites like Dave's may have programs in place that automatically click on a link in order to show the recipient of the click an increase in traffic. Sneaky, sneaky! While I can't say that 2700+ people have actually read my Sex Blogs article, I CAN say that quite a few real people have read the piece and THEN come on over to this little blog for more fun. That's pretty cool!

I also know that I did not add my piece to the Dave's Daily list nor did a staff member at The Cheers. So that means some REAL PERSON liked it enough to share with the class and the good fortune of having the word "SEX" in the title has made more than its fair share of folks click away.

One other little thing I know is that before I got listed at Dave's at least 280 folks read Sex Blogs, and close to that many read my last few pieces. Many of those folks are a direct result of my e-mails to friends, posting on bulletin boards and news groups and...referrals from folks after all my shameless promotion. So I have to say THANK YOU to anyone who has been supporting my little writing ventures.

Sure, MILLIONS of people are online at any given moment and I shouldn't get too excited about a few hundred when compared to those numbers. But the fact that so many have gone simply because I've asked, and have continued to read, makes me feel as though I truly am on the right path. So, thanks!

Since I e-mailed so many folks twice last week, I'm not pushing the O.J. article via Andy-SPAM. So please just go and read the darned thing, bookmark The Cheers and look for my silly words!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And I have to say, being an avid blogger but average writer myself, you really deserve the recognition that you're getting. You have a wonderfully bright and funny writing style that is witty (without trying too hard), intelligent and easy to read. So you should thank whoever it was that told you that you should start writing again/more.

Heidi Miller
www.heidimillerpresents.com

5:40 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Awwww, you're soooo SCHWEET! ;) Thanks for the kudos, Heidi. You're not so bad yourself! Just keep on reading and sending other people to read my work and I'll always be your friend. LOL!

9:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home