Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, October 07, 2004

"Running your car against a wall is fun, but its really not good for your car!"

That was one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. That little piece of brilliance came from our tow truck driver last night as he was describing some of his experiences racing cars, participating in demolition derbies, and the like.

He even went on to explain that some things are just too much to take, like "rollover contests". Rollover contests are where you run your car very rapidly up a ramp and try to roll it over as much as physically possible.

I also found out that racing helmets are unusually heavy and hard.

I learned a lot of very useful things last night between Janesville, WI and Carol Stream, IL.

I will save other exciting bits of humor from our conversation for another time. For mow, let me say that I've been on the road a lot over the years. I've had to suffer through auto breakdowns many times. On this occasion, I was very happy with the service provided by Brad from Ace Towing!

I had to shell out $380.00 for a new left braking system, rotor, caliper, etc. I know I should have gotten both sides done, but I'm trading in the car in a few months and don't want to spend that much more on maintenance. I'm just pissed because that little expense cuts into the money I'd saved up for my Vegas trip next week. Ah well, my car is a big part of my career so it is all good.

I'd have just continued driving around with a locked up caliper and worn out brake pad, but that might cause my tire to explode and crash my car. And I've heard that exploding tires may be fun but they're not good for your car!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home