Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, October 29, 2004

I Wonder if I Should Send More Stuff to Gapers Block?

When I check my stats, every now and again I find out that the folks at Gapers Block stop by my site. They go ahead and check their stats and look at the top referring sites, just like I do every day. I assume they see the links in the top 25 and check to see who the heck sent them there in the first place. That's what I do.

I'm sure they get surprised to find out that 530 (540 if you look at ALL referrers) people headed on over to their site after viewing this blog. Sure it is not much when you consider just how many people find them via search engines and a few other sites. But if you look carefully, you'll see that the URLs for this blog are among the only individual web referrers in the top 25.

That means there are some true fans coming from my site, reading my one story printed there, and presumably reading other articles within their fine magazine.

So if I am interpreting this info correctly, I should send them some more stuff. If I've brought them some good traffic then it should follow I could continue to bring them traffic if more of my articles were published there. Hmmm...

(SHH, don't tell anyone. I know I should submit more articles to them. I'm just creating another post to generate traffic their way and pave the way for their acceptance of future articles. Greasing the wheels don't ya know. I suppose I could just post a message, "Gapers Block is the BEST MAGAZINE EVER!" That could do the trick too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home