Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, October 22, 2004

Fowl Play, by Christopher De Santis

One of the reasons I have so many penguins in my promotional materials is that I like penguins (DUH!).

There is an actual "professional" reason, however. I may be wrong as this memory is very old in the old noggin, but a long time back I remember reading an interview with Groucho Marx where Groucho was asked why ducks were so prevalent in his body of work. If you recall, a duck brought out the secret word in You Bet Your Life, and there's a duck SOMEWHERE in just about all of the Marx Bros. films. Groucho said that the duck was a naturally funny bird and there were only three birds in the animal kingdom that lent themselves to comedy so perfectly. Those birds were ducks, ostriches, and penguins!

When I was revamping my press kit I decided to put this principle to work and have my favorite little animal represented somewhere.

What does all this have to do with artist and filmmaker, Christopher De Sanits?

Christopher has one animated film, Fowl Play, which is being shown frequently in between episodes of Animaniacs on Nick Toons. Go to his website and check out a sample of the flick and you'll see just how PERFECTLY De Santis illustrates this piece of comedic theory. It is a great film and I WISH I'd have made it myself! Great work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home