Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, October 29, 2004

All Kinds of Suspicious! ATTN: DuPage County (Milton Twp, Precinct 70) Voters!

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but something smells very fishy here in DuPage County.

At the end of last week I received a card stating that my polling place for the general election has changed. I did find it odd that they would make such a change with barely a week to go before the election, but I otherwise didn't care much about it.

The beginning of this week I received a letter from the election commission stating my polling place has changed. It had all the same information as the previous card. The card looked much more official, having a similar appearance to the voter's registration card. The letter looked rather plain and had the appearance of the many different political announcements we receive prior to an election.

Today, I received yet ANOTHER letter from the election commission stating that I have a new polling place, but the previous letters had misprinted the street address!

Let's give the benefit of the doubt here and assume MOST people who received the card kept it and made a note of the change.

I would assume that MANY people simply did not read the second notice. Some probably thought it was junk mail, while others figured they already KNEW about the change so why bother opening.

This third letter probably had even MORE people ignore it, casting it aside as wither overkill or just more junk. Of course THIS is the letter which has the CORRECT address on it and people unknowingly disregarded valuable information.

I can see many folks showing up at our old polling place and being turned away. They will be sent to the correct place, but a good percentage of these folks will take this as an inconvenience and might not make the trip to the neighboring town.

I am sure that even more people will go to the WRONG address and wonder what the hell is going on.

In short, I'm thinking that many votes will not be cast as a result of this sudden curious change.

With all the discussions about new voting machines & procedures, disenfranchised voters, improper ballots, and the like, I think that this little development can have quite a bearing on the election.

All the pollsters, electoral prediction services, and "experts" seem to agree that Illinois will vote for Kerry. Could this make a difference?

Anyway, I'm not an investigative reporter and I KNOW about the change. So for now I'll just post this info here.

ATTENTION Registered Voters!
DuPage County, Illinois, Milton Township, Precinct 70
Your Polling Place has Changed!
Fordham Glen Apartments
1245 Fordham Drive
Glendale Heights, IL
(Enter Fordham Glen Apts. from President Street)
A real conspiracy theorist would even take note of the irony of the polling place being on President Street. But not me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home