Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, September 25, 2004

So Long Oktoberfest. Hello Pumpkin Fest!

Well, the Carol Stream Oktoberfest was a smashing success! OK, MY part of it was a smashing success. I heard that the attendance was bown a bit from last year for the beer & brats. BUT...this is only the second year for the darned thing. You've got to expect a little fluctuation in the results when building the traditions.

All I know is that at 3:00 PM there was NOBODY THERE. By 3:15 PM, thre were 200 people in front of my stage waiting for a show! I gave away a lot of souvenir cards and made some good contacts and friends along the way. I can't complain one bit. Plus, there was BEER afterwards for me to enjoy and that makes everything better!


Tomorrow has me working in Castaldo Park for the Woodridge Park District and then off to my favorite gig of this or any other year, the St. Anne Pumpkin Festival!
tried to find a link to give you for the Pumpkin Fest...but this town is SO small the best link I could find was the one in my own website where I list them as a good reference. That's small-town America!

Anyway, this will be my 13th or 14th consecutive year performing at the festival and every year I am happy as a clam to be there. They just make me feel like family and it is so damned charming a place I can't believe more people don't go check it out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home